Not hungry in morning

Options
I am going through a phase where I have no desire to eat breakfast. Any tips?

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Eat it anyway. That's what I do!
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Don't eat.
  • promiseskept
    Options
    Me too! I have opted to do an earlier lunch and a salad inbetween lunch and supper to keep the binging off.
  • michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    yes, you should eat relatively soon after waking up,,,,try having protein,either in a shake (milk or water), or yogurt.....that way it will keep it light and you shouldnt feel over bloated, but will get your metabolism going until you can get something else in ya
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    maybe a light smoothie or fruit and protein shake...not a lot of food, but it will BREAK the FAST and get your metabolism going for the day. Yummy too ;)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Have a snack sometime between your normal breakfast time and lunch. Eating in the morning helps get your metabolism going.
  • hoodie63
    hoodie63 Posts: 1
    Options
    Are you eating late at night? Or is your dinner too heavy?

If you are spreading out your fuel appropriately, you should wake up starving!
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I eat anyway but I am hearing not enough. It is hard. try mixing things up maybe. sorry I am not much help.
  • jkldsmom
    jkldsmom Posts: 15
    Options
    I find that if I just eat a little something, even if I'm not hugry yet, it keeps me from binging later in the day. Try a yogurt or a piece of toast with peanut butter. I also keep little ziplock bags of mixed nuts and raisins that I grab as I walk out the door if i didn't have time to eat before I leave. Then I can eat it in the car. Gina
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Drink your breakfast calories.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Drink a protein shake with milk instead of water. Gives your body what it needs to break the sleeping fast, but won't be like eating a big meal. I do it when I'm feeling anti-breakfast. :)
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat if I'm not hungry... however, the 90 calorie Fiber One bars are really good. You could try eating one of those in the mornings and see how that works for ya.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Eating breakfast does nothing for your metabolism. If your not hungry, don't eat.
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I never WANT to eat breakfast. I never have, and I never will. When I wake up in the morning, food is the last thing on my mind (which is kind of weird for me). I force myself to choke down a banana (stop giggling) and a granola bar anyway.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I am going through a phase where I have no desire to eat breakfast. Any tips?

Just try Whey Protein Smoothies.
    Some of My Recipes: In Blender

Banana Berry Smoothie:
    1 Scoop of Whey Protein Powder (I use Kaizen Vanilla)
    *One Small Frozen Banana
    *1/2 C Frozen Strawberries
    *8oz Sugar Free Hawaiian Punch or any SF Punch

* OMIT the Banana and Add 1/2C Frozen Blueberries= Berry-Berry Protein Smoothie

*OMIT all Fruit, Add 2-3 Ice Cubes=Punch Protein Smoothie

Banana Smoothie
    *1 Scoop Whey Protein (Chocolate or Vanilla)
    *1 Small Frozen Banana
    *1 Packet Stevia In The Raw (Any sugar substitute)
    *8oz Cold Water

Any of them you are looking at no more than 180 Calories.
  • littleworm
    Options
    Since you don't have a appetite in the morning , try drinking juice one cup any kind it does have some calories you need
    for energy.
  • cassiex10
    cassiex10 Posts: 40
    Options
    i don't usually like breakfast either, but i always have a special k protein shake :)
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I don't eat when I'm not hungry...I'm a believer in listening to my body and if it doesn't want food, I'm not going to force myself.
  • kittybitz79
    kittybitz79 Posts: 213
    Options
    If I am not hungry... I will usually pack a v8 fusion and a cereal bar. ..I usually eat them if i get hungry but if I don't I make sure to at least drink my juice
  • chadpatrick
    Options
    Eating breakfast does nothing for your metabolism. If your not hungry, don't eat.
    Not true. And True.

Eating breakfast DOES get your metabolism started in the morning. However, I agree with this point "If you are not hungry, don't eat." The key, is to make sure that you do wake up a bit hungry. I am a firm believer in eating more, smaller meals. Perhaps reduce the size of your dinner.