Hi, i'm Amber.

Options
I'm new here. I've got ALOT of weight to lose but am going ton do it slowly. I hate to think that I'm so big that I cant play with my son like other moms (who are thinner). I hate that I cant run with him and dont want to play games outside because I get worn out. I also wanna be a HOT MOMMA for my love. I can do this. Slowly but surely. I got a Y membership so hopefully that'll help (since it's winter).

Replies

• Obnurseamber06
    Options
    I'm new here. I've got ALOT of weight to lose but am going ton do it slowly. I hate to think that I'm so big that I cant play with my son like other moms (who are thinner). I hate that I cant run with him and dont want to play games outside because I get worn out. I also wanna be a HOT MOMMA for my love. I can do this. Slowly but surely. I got a Y membership so hopefully that'll help (since it's winter).
  • pgrace
    Options
    Good luck to you. I'm a mom, too, & I've been on this site for @2 weeks. It has really helped me to be focused first thing every morning. I have 20 pounds to lose to get to a satisfied me...but 30 for the "Oh my goodness...is that really her?" category!

Again, good luck. Thoughts are prayers & although I don't know you...I'll send you my vibe!

P
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    welcome
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!
    :flowerforyou:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings Obnurseamber06! So happy you found this site...you should find it most helpful.

Ofcourse you can do it...slowly like you said...losing weight is a slow process...accept and love yourself as you are while you are on this journey to a new lifestyle...time will pass and you'll be running around with your children soon...stay the course...we're here for you.

Your Teammate,
    Fat Dancer
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard Amber!
    You are joining a GREAT site.
    They have gotten my over some rough pathes, and I LOVE this site.
    You can do it, :flowerforyou: and there are a lot of people that are proof that it can be done.
    You will get there Amber, and you will be very glad that you did.
    :happy:
    :flowerforyou:
    --Diann...
  • nathalie
    Options
    Hi Amber, glad to see you here.
    I think you will find that you are surrounded by friends here. We have all started with the same goal of weight to lose, but I think we also come with a lot of weight on our shoulders and sometimes feel bad about ourselves. And you know, we shouldn't. Don't be hard on yourself, your here, you have found great tools that will help keep you focused and motiviated, but especially found a lot of people who can understand what a struggle it is to get going. I like to compare myself to the little train that could and just keep puffing away and every day it gets a little easier. Slow and steady.
    Keep the faith, A good mother is not defined by running around the playground, take care of yourself for yourself and the rest will follow

nat :flowerforyou: