One side of body fatter than the other side???

Options
Okay so before I lost my 22 pounds, this was not a problem. But since I've lost it, well...

One of the areas I've lost weight in is my lower back. It's a significant difference there and now when I look, nude, in the mirror my left side is smaller than my right side. When I pinch both sides at the same time, the right side is more pinchable (hehe) than the left. Now, it's not so obvious that when I wear a fitted dress people can see or anything, but when I'm at home and look in the mirror or do the pinch test, it's there.

I know when I get to my goal loss, the fat will be gone completely so I won't have to worry, but I'm curious if others had the same problem. Perhaps in a different area than the back, once they started losing weight?

Replies

• sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have that prob. Biggest place I see it is my mommy pouch, right side dips lower:embarassed: :huh:
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    ROFLMAO

I thought it was just me. LOLOLOLOL

I carry most of my weight in my back, and my right side has significantly more pinachability. No matter how much I lose, I'm still unbalanced. LOL Oh, and just because TMI is always fun
    the nether regions ALSO have a discrepancy. The left is significantly more poofy than the right! LOLOLOL

Ah, well! At least there is less pinchable on both sides!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Not my back, but I'm sure half my weight loss has been from my left breast (OK, maybe half is an exageration!). I had to buy new bras and didn't know whether to buy a DD for the right side or a D for the left! I'm hoping things will balance up as I lose more :)
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Isn't it true that everything on one side of you is bigger than the other side?
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I kinda noticed that too..one side I look more curvy as to the other side looks more out..
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I have noticed it in my stomach area. The left side hangs down further than the right. Hopefully the left will catch up soon...
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Isn't it true that everything on one side of you is bigger than the other side?

I think you're right, we're not usually symmetrical. I'm not usually this non-symmetrical though!
  • 90poundsoflard
    Options
    I noticed it with my arms - my right arm is 1/2 " bigger than my left. No one else notices (I asked) but if I wear fitted sleeves, I can definitely tell that one is tighter. I tried to tell myself it's because I have more muscle in my right arm, but it's the same thing with my thighs. Funny thing is, my left foot is larger than my right - but that has nothing to do with fat. LOL
  • VeeSecrets
    VeeSecrets Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My Whole left side is larger then my right. I thought it was just my breast, but now I see its my whole left side, I try to focus more on the left side when exceriseing or doing Tai Bo so I can strengthen and tone my left side to match my right.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I like to say that I struggle with my love handle.

No typo.
  • Gizzy1976
    Gizzy1976 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I
  • Gizzy1976
    Gizzy1976 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that on my stomach, I thought it was with having 2 C Sections. I thought I was abnormal...I guess not! Lol
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    STORY OF MY LIFE!

I hate it so much. I've always been a bit lopsided, but as I slim down its kind of evening out (not as much as I'd like it too, but some). SO ANNOYING. >.<
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I thought it was only me. I point it out the The Mister all the time - the left side of my stomach is slightly larger, and well, lumpier, than the right. It weirds me out so bad.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    So glad I'm not the only one having this problem :p I have one arm getting smaller than the other, and one leg getting smaller than the other :p not to mention my mommy belly is pretty uneven too!
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    So far my left boob is a little bit bigger than my right. :grumble: Makes some of my shirts sit a little crooked. We'll see what happens as I lose more!
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm uneven as well. My left breast is bigger than the right, and the right side of my stomach is bigger than the left. If I ever get down to where I want to be, I'm thinking about having a boob lift and reduction to get them to be the same.
  • momwithdogs
    Options
    I am fighting this right now. I keep blaming it on my rotator cuff surgery swelling. It is on my right side starting at my shoulder and running all the way down the right side of my body. I am trying to lose some weight to see if that helps, altho I am at a decent weight and i exercise daily and eat well. It is frustrating because it is mostly my right breast that bothers me being larger. It shows when i wear fitted clothes. I have to really be picky about what i wear. Clothes are tight on my right shoulder all the way down. I can't wear jeans comfortably. Does anyone have any secret magic potion to remedy this :)) ahhhhh