Vacation- wish me luck!

Options
I am going to Virginia Beach for a week.. My kids are excited and I am freaking out- no scale, no computer, no MFP. There are lots of eating out involved (kids will need fast-food and my husband will need chineese and sea-food all you can eat buffets....) I tend to see those places as "SEE-food diet" : I see food- I eat food. :sad: I am taking my tennis shoes and I am planning to walk the boardwalk as much as possible. I am taking my HRM to keep me on track.
What else? Am I missing something? Did anybody recently had the same experience? Did you think there of something you wish you had?

Replies

• natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am going to Virginia Beach for a week.. My kids are excited and I am freaking out- no scale, no computer, no MFP. There are lots of eating out involved (kids will need fast-food and my husband will need chineese and sea-food all you can eat buffets....) I tend to see those places as "SEE-food diet" : I see food- I eat food. :sad: I am taking my tennis shoes and I am planning to walk the boardwalk as much as possible. I am taking my HRM to keep me on track.
    What else? Am I missing something? Did anybody recently had the same experience? Did you think there of something you wish you had?
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I would bring a pantry full of healthy snacks, a case of water, and a basket of fresh fruits.

I know you said you are eating out but having the healthy snacks to curb hunger on the beach is key to avoiding a huge binge. Freeze grapes and blueberries and take a small cooler to the beach with water and fiber one bars. Fruit Crips by Nabisco bars (Apple or Mixed Berries ) are individually wrapped, 100 cals, and taste great too. My advice...be prepared :happy: for....THE SNACK ATTACK! :devil:

Have an amazing vaca! :glasses:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Would you be able to log everything manually and do your own math? With the HRM, you would know how many "extra" calories you have burned, right?

Just relax and have a great vacation, because even if you fall off the wagon for a bit there is nothing to prevent you from getting right back on!:happy: