Too few calories vs too much fat or sodium :(

Options
I'm having a hard time eating enough calories (the good ones) since I stopped working out over 10 days ago due to a pulled muscle in my lower back.

I eat healthy for the most part and keep my calories under control but I'm either way up my sodium, fats or sugar due to eating too much fruit or protein. I drink enough water and I don't stay hungry at all. I just don't want to eat too few calories and put my health at risk or slow down my metabolism since I'm trying to lose weight and inches.

Any ideas? Check out my diary please

Replies

• allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    lots of veggies and fruit, nuts avocados. Fat doesn't make you fat unused calories and carbs do just an FYI
  • jdnmruff
    jdnmruff Posts: 3
    Options
    I had the same problem as you but I found that nuts are high in calories so that helps. I never get enough carbs as it says but i dont think I really need that many anyway.
  • sharoniballoni
    sharoniballoni Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    ditto on the veggies and nuts. as a woman, you might want to be careful on too much protein, as it leaches calcium from your bones. take a supplement perhaps. that's what i do.

but generally you seem to be making healthy decisions (based on what i saw on your diary today).
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Try tracking Sat. Fat instead of just Fat- it's more telling of healthful choices. And, IMO worrying about going over in fruit sugars is a waste of worry.

Personally I don't fret if I go over on just about anything, as long as it's not the same thing a lot of days in a row. To me, variety is far more important than perfection. On limited calories, you aren't going to be able to have a lot of variety and still stay within all these parameters.
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    seems like your goal numbers are really low too. Are they are 40-40-30 or lower??
  • xoxo2200
    xoxo2200 Posts: 57
    Options
    My doctor said my problem was sodium. I have to eat clean and if possible sodium free while my body goes back to its normal balanced state. What should I focus on more besides staying within my caloric intake? Less protein, more fats? Less fat, more sugar? Fiber?
  • pph79
    pph79 Posts: 78
    Options
    I have the same issue with not eating enough calories, but always maxing out my sodium. I'm a vegetarian so i tend to eat veggie burgers, etc and these are high in sodium. Wish i could balance out the two alittle better.