Hot yoga

Options
I am doing hot yoga tomorrow for the first time. I was wondering if anyone had any tips. What should I expect? What should I wear? How bad is the heat really? Anything would help...thanks

Replies

• newnicole
    newnicole Posts: 44
    Options
    you will love it! something dry fit. and comfortable.. nothing too tight. headband! you're hair will be dripping.
    enjoy ! :)
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Bring a towel! I think Lycra shorts work best. Lots of water!
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Haven't done it yet, but I have two friends who said its great.
    They warned me they drip buckets but feel great afterward.
    If I can find a class that fits my crazy schedule I'm in!
  • MissEmDizzle
    MissEmDizzle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I did bikram for a few months and the first few times its hard to work through the heat, make sure you drink lots of water before and wear something confy and not to warm, hair up and bring extra towels you will need them.... also if you get dizzy make sure you go outside and take a breather otherwise ENJOY and GOOD LUCK!!!!! :)
  • beahawk
    beahawk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You may want to put A LOT of ice in your water. When I took hot yoga, my water got really warm and then I notice that the regulars had ice in their water bottles...have fun!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I love hot yoga! My tips are to expect to be uncomfortable and make your goal simply to stay in the room the entire 90 minutes. It's ok not to do all of the poses. Lay down on your mat and focus on getting through the session. Our studio, and I think Bikram in general, discourages people from leaving the room. It does take some mental gymnastics to remain in the heat but it is totally worth it. I feel like a different person after a session. Enjoy it!!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    a lot of people just wear a pair of shorts and a sports bra, men usually are just wearing workout shorts or bike shorts. I wouldn't wear anything too loose, it just soaks us the sweat, better to wick it away or let it just drip away. Have fuuuun!!