I so want this....

Options
jomashop_2014_307328845

I want this watch so bad...it's expensive though! It tells you how many calories you burn and keeps track of your heart rate. Love it! Especially since it's pink! :tongue:

Replies

• chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Options
    jomashop_2014_307328845

I want this watch so bad...it's expensive though! It tells you how many calories you burn and keeps track of your heart rate. Love it! Especially since it's pink! :tongue:
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    wahhhh me too. :sad:
    I have seen generic ones of these selling on ebay from 11 to 25 dollars anyone know if they are any good?
  • marshall153
    marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    If you want it to calculate calorie expenditure then you want a Polar F4, F6 or F11 (that pink one). F4 is the cheapest then F6 then F11. I got an F4 yesterday. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    I looked at some cheapies on ebay (not Polar brand) and I'm so glad I didn't get one of them and spent a good amount on this one. Way worth it..
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    130446107_tp.jpg
    this one has a buy it now option for ten dollars 19 cents for the monitor and shipping is this one that anyone has could you tell me if it's a good one for me to buy?

100% brand new

high quality
    Calculate your heart rate and calories burned while exercising
    Designed to calculate the calories burned and pulse rate of an AVERAGE.

Individual based on preset age, weight, and sex
    Based on your preset information memorized by the watch, the time on the counter, and your heart rate, the calorie watch is able to determine how many calories you have burned during your workout

Other functions:
    Normal Time Mode - Display Current Time & Calendar
    Daily Alarm Mode - Daily Alarm and Hourly Chime
    Exercise Mode - Calculate Heart Rate and Calories burned for Exercise
    Pulse Mode - for determining Heart Rate at any time
    Personal Physical Data Input

Chronograph Stop Watch

Green backlight
    Color: Black
    Battery needed: CR2032 battery X1

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sport-Calorie-Heart-Pulse-Rate-Counter-Watch-Monitor_W0QQitemZ220267301920QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220267301920&_trkparms=39:1|66:2|65:15|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I just will throw this out and maybe others have different experiences.. the really light plastic color picks up EVERYTHING, my pale blue watch is now grungy and more of a pale blue with brownish smudges -- and I have tried all differnt types of cleaning products...
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    FYI those cheap HRM's are bad in most cases, not only do they break, but you need to actually put your finger on it for 10 seconds to get a heart rate, which totally screws up your workout. My advice, look on ebay for a polar or some other one that has a chest strap. The chest strap constantly monitors your heart rate. Don' t worry about the strap either, they are molded and pretty comfortable.

You can get a polar F4 on Ebay for about 70 bucks with shipping. Save your money and get one of those, they are so worth it. if you can afford it get the F6 though, because it has a few very useful features, like the coded chest strap, which means if someone else in the gym near you also has a polar, you wont record their heart rate by accident. You have to be pretty close for that to happen (within about 5 feet) but I have heard it happens sometimes. Plus the polars are waterproof, which means you can swim with em. The F11 is the real king for general workout. Personally, I now have an F6 and love it, but it doesn't give me a running pace, so I'm actually upgrading to this one:

http://tinyurl.com/57ehvc
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    I hve the pink one and its great! i know it is expensive but seriously well worth it!
  • bodibykelli
    Options
    I LOVE my F6!!! Got it at ****'s Sporting Goods last week....they normally cost $110, but after looking at my sales receipt, I see they took 10% off. Their cheapest Polar goes for $59
  • bodibykelli
    Options
    I LOVE my F6!!! Got it at ****'s Sporting Goods last week....they normally cost $110, but after looking at my sales receipt, I see they took 10% off. Their cheapest Polar goes for $59

Oh, that is sooooo funny....the store's name was sensored by MFP :laugh:
    No, I'm not being a potty mouth, the name rhymes with "sick" :laugh:
  • chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Options
    So...I showed hubbs this tonight...maybe I will get one for my anniversary!
  • alifelessevident
    Options

Oh, that is sooooo funny....the store's name was sensored by MFP :laugh:
    No, I'm not being a potty mouth, the name rhymes with "sick" :laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh: thats too good, i forgot it auto censors some words
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Hi again Hot and sexy mom
    I really want the same thing, the f6 or f11 in the pink also, but I couldn't find one cheap enough, even on line, so I bought the Nike Imara (for woman) for like 20 bucks (only in black). Brand new and I love it so far. I used it this morning for my run for the first time. I ran almost 80 minutes and when I checked my calories again the MFP list, it was almost right on. It was really nice. 811 calories woo whoo:drinker:

Which ever you get, make sure it has the strap to go around just below the chest. I first tried the strapless one and it would be ok for just a general light work out, but it isn't constant and you have to push buttons to get it to anything. And the watch is bigger also, bulky. And when I was running faster, I had a hard time getting it to give me any reading.

I have also heard the direction for the polar are easy to use and in minutes you can get it and use it. The Nike Imara was a little direction unfriendly and took me a couple of tries reading it and then going back to it a day later, so that is something to think about to. Basically it told you the directions as if you are someone who has used one before and once I figured it out I felt like an idiot. If i had bought it in a store, they may have helped me though.
    Also the polar offers some stuff on line to keep track of your workout or something on line, so I am sure it is the nicer one (AND PINK!) and if your hubby will get it, go for it!!!! Tell me how it goes.

But like I said, I do like the one I got and I actually wore it a couple days at work just as a watch. I thought it looked kind of cool. And it was cheap enough on ebay.
    My anniversary is coming up, I think I need to cut some of the pictures out and put them around.
    SM
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I just told my hubby yesterday that I want a polar for Christmas....think he'll listen?
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    I just told my hubby yesterday that I want a polar for Christmas....think he'll listen?

We need to get pictures of it and hang them around the house.