Gonna need motivation for this....

Options
So I'm new to doing MFP (about a week into it) and so far I'm loving it and it is so so so helpful to me! I feel like I have found something that is finally going to work for me. If only I was told about it sooner.....next week I leave to go on my first cruise. SO excited...however I am still about 20 pounds off where I would like to be and so nervous about completely getting off track while I'm away. (I will be gone 10 days...a long time for me!) I hear all there is to do is eat and drink! There is nothing more frustrating that backtracking. I hear there is a beautiful fitness center which I plan on using (hopefully I stick to my word on that)....but will that be enough? Any motivational words and/or tips for while I'm away?

Replies

• lkm28
    lkm28 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hmmmm no replys...i suppose i am just S.O.L. (which is what i figured) LOL:laugh:
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Think about long term goals. Enjoy yourself on the cruise, and then get back on track. 10 days is not that much when you are thinking about lifetime! You dont have to go crazy with food, but dont be too hard on yourself!
    Have a great time! :drinker:
  • rcochnar
    rcochnar Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm not sure if you have a smart phone, but if you do the MFP app is quite handy. When you have to be accountable to the app on your phone, I find that it makes things easier. Once you start losing weight and seeing the results, I think you'll find it easier to turn down that piece of cake or sugary drink. It's not going to make you feel nearly as good as being healthy will. And just think, if you can get through a 10 day cruise without giving in to temptation, what else is even going to come close?
  • lkm28
    lkm28 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! That's exactly what I needed to hear! And I downloaded the app to my blackberry so that will be a huge help! Hope everyone has a great day! :happy: