Hi Just started a few days ago!!!Love this site :)

Xraytech66
Xraytech66 Posts: 2
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
I quit smoking in Feb. and put on 13 lbs almost instantly. I know I am healthier for not smoking but I have never had to watch my weight before and I'm a little frustrated right now. I work out about 6 days a week and try very hard to eat properly and can't seem to lose the weight I gained. Any suggestions on how to drop the weight?!

Replies

• minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    What kind of foods are you eating? How long have you not seen any weight change? What type of exercise are you doing mostly? Sorry for all the questions but gives a better idea at where you might be doing something different that's preventing weight loss.
  • WELL joining MFP was a GREAT START to losing weight!!! you just need to stick to it and keep on chuggin!
    I try to do walking, wii games, and hoping to add weights and pilates....you should try new things in exercising maybe
    to work other areas? MFP helps with monitoring you eating habits! So try to keep snacks healthy and drink lots of WATER!!!
    keeps you full. I try my BEST to not eat after dinner! that helps! I do a small but good breakfast like "better 'n eggs plus" with veggies! or maybe healthy oatmeal to fill you up? I sometimes have a smoothie with flax seed! sounds weird but good! Then medium lunch either healthy soup or cereal or salad! shaws has a great salad bar near me! If you do eat out...look at stuff under 300 ya know? you can still eat out! Make sure you added in all your stuff on goals so you can start losing! my favorite filling snacks is "great value energy trail mix" has cholocolate and walnuts yummy! Then light dinner! but some people like to eat more snacks a day! it depends on your body! so just to to keep under your calorie goal and you'll be set! I quit smoking in 2005 when I got preggo and I gained 20lbs and then 20 more lolz so I know how it is! LOG LOG LOG I TELL YOU even if you went 1000 over your calories LOG IT!!! LOL welp i am ranting on so just message me if you need help or you can always post a question on here!everyone is INCREDIBLE and soooo supportive no matter what silly question you think your asking!!! oh and after your workout your body needs protein so make sure your body gets that protein, even tho you said you workout so you probably already do ^_^
    I talk too much! Anywho you can do it!!!!
  • cpumeu
    cpumeu Posts: 89
    there are so many wonderful recipes on this site... What is your typical day of eating? I suggest you just post all you eat good and bad because it gives you a great prespective. Eat all your calories. Focus on that for the few week or so and then add your excerise....I say that cuz that was the hardest part for me and I wanted to have a little control before i added something else. You can do this...you have a great support here. Add me...I'll be here for you.

I your rushed in the a.m....which I always am...I would suggest 300 under 300 by hungry girl....I make her eggs in a cup all the time, You need anything ask!
This discussion has been closed.