Christmas Fitness Challenge Check-in - December 5

NTBoard
NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
edited November 2023 in Challenges
Twenty days until Christmas. Twenty more exercise days to meet our personal fitness goals for this challenge. Are you on your way? Are you doing what you need to do to be good to your self and gain one of the greatest gifts ~ health and strength and confidence??? If you've been going strong ~ WAY TO GO! Keep up the GREAT work! If not, today is a new day. Start over! It's okay - THIS IS LIFE! In many cases we are fortunate enough to make mistakes and learn from them and move on. YOU CAN ALL DO THIS! Woo hoo!!! :bigsmile:

Yesterday I rode my bike at a moderate pace for 30 min during the Biggest Loser. I recorded 2 episodes of Shimmy (the belly dancing workout) from FitTV that I was really looking forward to trying out but was SO exhausted from my long day that I fell into bed and right to sleep. I have another long day planned (but long on the other side of the day) so I will see what I can do. I'm going to a dinner tonight, a brunch Thursday morning, a Christmas Party Saturday night... I really need to kick my exercise into high gear! I'll get it done! I have to!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Twenty days until Christmas. Twenty more exercise days to meet our personal fitness goals for this challenge. Are you on your way? Are you doing what you need to do to be good to your self and gain one of the greatest gifts ~ health and strength and confidence??? If you've been going strong ~ WAY TO GO! Keep up the GREAT work! If not, today is a new day. Start over! It's okay - THIS IS LIFE! In many cases we are fortunate enough to make mistakes and learn from them and move on. YOU CAN ALL DO THIS! Woo hoo!!! :bigsmile:

Yesterday I rode my bike at a moderate pace for 30 min during the Biggest Loser. I recorded 2 episodes of Shimmy (the belly dancing workout) from FitTV that I was really looking forward to trying out but was SO exhausted from my long day that I fell into bed and right to sleep. I have another long day planned (but long on the other side of the day) so I will see what I can do. I'm going to a dinner tonight, a brunch Thursday morning, a Christmas Party Saturday night... I really need to kick my exercise into high gear! I'll get it done! I have to!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    The holidays are so completely busy. I've made mine even busier by doing alot of volunteer work and going to Co Springs this Christmas. Maybe I'll see snow though - just not when driving, thank you.

I was a bit lax yesterday - 1 hour stroll around the lake. My only excuse is that's what my friend was willing to do. Today will be harder with the elliptical and I'm going to try out the strength training hour long class at the gym. I will also have to do my promised run 1 minute, handstand, and ab work if it's not covered in the class.

Based on the posting on this website, I'm getting Mindless Eating today from the library as well. I don't know when I thought I would have time to read it though. But I like book recommendations - as long as they are backed by Science.

It's only going to get busier! Time to make exercise a priority!
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    I was pretty sure today was gonna be a wash considering I was up most of the night with my four-year old at the ER. His run of the mill cold went into his ears and he was in considerable pain. Anyway-I still managed to squeak out my Bowflex routine & 8 miles on my bike while he slept. I seem to be slipping into a bad habit of not eating anything til 10 or later & considering I am up at 4-I really should eat sooner. Gotta work on that....:yawn:
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Julie, so sorry your son isn't feeling well! I hope he gets better soon. :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Hope your son is feeling better Julie:flowerforyou:
    Today I did 45 min 12 incline 3.5 speed treadmill and then 30 min on stair stepper on the continuous heart rate setting. It was very hard. My legs hurt from yesterday still.
    No weights today.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Started the day with a 1 hr spinning class and then did 35 minutes on the stair mill beast and a few abs. I am sore today from my session with my trainer yesterday, so no weights... I'll do a nice walk later with my dog. The weather is finally not so hot!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I'm sick! (Insert whining here):sick:

My Dr. has asked me to take (gasp) a day off from spinning, and rest for a whole day. I'm an exerciser, and have grown quite fond of buying some extra calories almost daily. I was starving yesterday, because I skipped yoga. I started, but spent every other second in "child's pose", so decided to rest instead. The Dr. had a good "word of wisdom" for me. :

You say you've been "fighting a cold"? (for about three weeks) The way to beat the cold is to let it win for a day or two.

So, anyway, back to positivity. I'm going to sneak in a thirty minute walk at a leisurely pace. It's sunny today, and I think the sun will help more than the walk will hurt, right?

:flowerforyou:

Oh, and I hope the little boy feels better soon. I still get earaches, and they are the worst kind of "just sit and cry" pain I know.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    The whole exercising thing is relatively new to me (I seriously used to not have the time to), but I am setting goals for myself so that I can maybe have some motivation to actually do them! I joined a gym that is opening it's new facility next week so I can start to actually take some classes. But, until I get their schedule of classes, I would like to try and do the following:
    Monday 1.5 hours cardio
    Tuesday 1/2 hour weights, 1 hour cardio
    Wednesday 1 hour cardio
    Thursday 1/2 hour weights, 1 hour cardio
    Friday rest
    Saturday 1.5 hours cardio
    Sunday rest (I clean the house this day which must burn something).
    I'm just getting into a routine starting this week. So far I have stuck to it. :bigsmile: Monday I did 1/2 hour on the eliptical and an hour on the treadmill. Yesterday I did 1/2 hour of upper body strength training and 1 hour on the treadmill. Tonight right after work I'm heading to the gym to do an hour on either the treadmill or eliptical (whichever is free). I plan on also incorporating some exercise videos into my routine. I will let you know how it goes!
    *Kistinbee*
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Sunday-rest
    Monday-1hr harder cardio
    Tuesday- rest

If I don't pick up the pace for this week I will not reach my goal of five cardio, three weights.....we shall see
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    HELP:noway: I have exercised every day for a week now and have actually gained 4lbs.... So depressing. I have been meeting my caloric intake goals so I'm not sure what's happening. I was doing really well for about a month, lost ten pounds, then came to a screaching halt. I'm trying to be patient, but it is so discouraging to know I'm working harder to no avail.

I spent an hour working in the yard (hauling stuff up/down hill to winterize) this morning, and just did 30 min upper, 30 min lower aerobic toning.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    you could be building muscle or retaining water. Do let it get to you. Keep up the good work.