working out and over sixty

mjmeacham
mjmeacham Posts: 2 Member
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
Anybody out there in this category? I do cardio and weights but if I overdo it I pay the price! If I try turbo fire will I hurt myself?

Replies

• VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    I'm over 60 and attend an exercise class at the senior center. Low impact exercising is what we do some videos to follow and line type dancing.
  • xcountrymom2
    xcountrymom2 Posts: 29 Member
    Very good for you! I am 48 years young but I have two sisters who are active and they are 58 and 60. My 60 year old sister does Zumba and swims. My 58 year old sister is an avid bicycler. Just make sure you be careful and don't overdo it. My mother was doing aquacise at your age and tore a rotary cuff just doing the arm exercises in the water. She had to have a very painful surgery to repair it. Exercise is for sure the best thing for aging gracefully and helps with warding off osteoporosis. Good luck and good job!
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    I am 60 and just started really exercising in February. We live on a farm so activity is not even a choice. I just go slow to start and work into it.
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    I'm 56 with some arthritis issues. I have come to really enjoy the Leslie Sansone Walking routines. They are fun and you use muscles you normally don't. Currently I'm doing her Walk Slim 4 MIles and in this one you do 4 segments with one using a band for strength training. It's great! I can't use weights much, so this one works well for me. I have been on maintenance for the past 3 years and have found that if I don't give my body some activity I feel bigger. I try to rotate the activities I do, but am an avid walker, whether inside doing the DVD workouts, my treadmill or walking outside..I also ride bike and do Wii Fit Plus workouts. Anything to keep it from getting boring as anything can over time.
This discussion has been closed.