week one.. not so hot

missjessikah
missjessikah Posts: 2
edited September 26 in Motivation and Support
well I have now become kindof down on myself... in the last week I have lost 5 pounds and gained 3 back.. im trying to chalk it up to Easter dinners, but its not working.. lol.. I know I could be doing alot more but Im so used to eating all day and drink like 5 cans of Mt. Dew a day.. i have cut back alot on my soda but i have such a sweet tooth and with 2 other people in the house its hard when all they do is bring in candy and all the good stuff. My Fiancee says it happens and the weight will always fluxuate but im still down.. my other issue is that I have always been raised to make one meal and not cater to one specific person so i find it hard to make a meal just for me and something else for my fiancee and son.. and I know they wont eat anything healthy lol so im at a loss of what to do.. any ideas? p.s. feel free to add me as a friend if you would like!!

Replies

• Living_Barefoot
    Living_Barefoot Posts: 54 Member
    I know!! That happens to me all the time, I'll lose like 5 pounds and be super pumped and the next day it's like it never happened! It's pretty hard to stay optimistic when that keeps happening. How often do you weigh yourself? That could be an issue, I know I'm pretty bad at weighing myself everyday which does not help. As for the food issue, maybe it's time your fiance and son suck it up and be more supportive of your awesome self! And if that doesn't pan out, well maybe try just cooking for yourself for a week and then start cooking for both see how it goes. Sorry I'm not much help with that part, I live in a house of girls going to college lol. Good luck!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    One question, Why won't they eat healthy? It's not like you are insistent on only eating raw vegetables and for dessert they get to breathe through a rice cake, are you? As a parent, it is your responsibility to teach your kids to make good food choices that they will continue to use for their entire lives.
    I am guilty of being the person who wouldn't eat "healthy" for years. Hell, for me a light beer was diet beer and nearly health food store shoots and berries! I committed myself much more recently to making myself healthier, and my family is coming along as well, I started out just sorta watching what I eat, and as I continued my journey here, have gotten much better at making healthy food choices for myself and for my family. We still have a long way to go, (I have an AMAZING affinity for a hot dog and a beer at a ballgame) but I have to keep reminding myself, it's not the destination, but the journey that is most important. Good luck and keep moving forward!!
  • shmoejo
    shmoejo Posts: 37
    Jess, you can do this dont give up :D its a slow slow road for all of us and you are doing very well!
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Definitely don't give up. It's just one week. Keep at it!
This discussion has been closed.