I thought I'd never. . .non-scale victories

OK, so every once in a while it hits me that my body and lifestyle are mind-bogglingly different now from three years ago.

I thought I'd never::noway:

survive a spin class, let alone be seriously considering getting certified to teach them.

wear shorts, let alone little "booty yoga" shorts (my husband's term of endearment for them) to bikram class.

utter the words: "this six is too big" in a dressing room.

go through withdrawals if I miss more than a day of working out.

walk three miles and call it a "post dinner stroll."

What did you "think you'd never" do?

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    OK, so every once in a while it hits me that my body and lifestyle are mind-bogglingly different now from three years ago.

survive a spin class, let alone be seriously considering getting certified to teach them.

wear shorts, let alone little "booty yoga" shorts (my husband's term of endearment for them) to bikram class.

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    I thought I'd never say no to junk food and not feel sad about it. It actually empowers me!!!
    And I am with you on working out everyday, I really miss it if I don't!!!
    I thought I'd never wear size 2 and 4 in my 40's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    --ride 20 miles much less the 52 miles I've done

-- be "in training" for a Triathlon!
  • its small, but i would never had seen myself eating a salad for lunch, let alone a salad not loaded with dressing and meat
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    That's FANTASTIC

I never thought I would see size 4/6 clothes and size Medium shirts (and underwear :)
    Look forward to my bowl of total, yogurt and almonds for b-fast
    Looking forward to working out and walking 45min at 4.5 speed and hardly break a sweat or feel out of breath

GREAT JOB everyone!
    ((HUGS))
    High-5!

Kim
  • j0yride
    j0yride Posts: 15
    i never thought i'd be so comfortable in my own skin...for anything. suntanning in a bikini on the beach, wearing sexy little tops to the clubs or just walking around naked in my apartment with my man... unbelievable!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Oh this is hard makes me want to cry. Never thought I would look into a mirror and like what I saw. and not being out of breath or drained of energy all the time and going for those long walks I have always enjoyed but never made time for. ok now mixed emotions :sad: :laugh: :drinker:
  • Starr
    Starr Posts: 45
    Great Topic! But ...
    I'm struggling here ... trying to think of something exciting. I have actually said "no" to my favorites, double cheeseburger with extra pickles and french fries with vinegar and salt., and opted for a salad with dressing (low fat) on the side. But a size 6? If I ever hit that, you will know from Alaska to Maine to Florida.
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Yesterday I actually giggled when I "couldn't find my size" a medium in shorts, they had plenty L and XL!
    AND, I went to H & M and went to pick out a pair of jeans, so I've measured my waist and it's a 35, so I pick a 34 waist thinking they won't fit and when I went to try them on they fell off! I went back and couldn't find anything other than a 31 x 32, so what the hey, I try them on.... PERFECT FIT! huh? woo hoo! I didn't even look at the price, I just bought them cause they looked sooooooo good on me!

I thought I'd never...
    be happy to see me in photos again.
    be comfortable walking on the beach with a bathing suit on again.
    feel really guilty after eating something I shouldn't have.
    fit in a size 8. (I honestly don't remember even being one in HS)
    let my friends borrow my clothes. (b/c I never wanted them to see the size in them!, now I don't mind!)

I'm sure there are more, but that's it for now!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member

wonderful Viv! I agree witwh you on all of that but the size 6 in the dressing room! It is so nice to finally WANT to go out and do some physical activity, and miss it so bad when you can't. Finally!
  • I thought I would never......

fit into my size sixes after my third child...almost there!!

Feel bad for missing my yoga..........almost certified to teach!!

Wanting to bike every where instead of driving...if I could fit all my kids on the bike and my groceries I would never drive again!!

Love to look at the definition in my arms....

Lift weights while on the computer waitning for a web site or in between homework and cooking dinner....

Be happy with what I look like as a a size 8 and not quite a 6!! :bigsmile:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Be forced to take a day off exercise. I'm already thinking on how I can sneak it in tomorrow.

Think the Saturday gym class schedule is perfect (1 hour weights, 1 hour cardio, 1 hour yoga - all in a row and I can't wait to try it!)

Teach 3 hours of yoga (this morning) and think, hmm, maybe I'll do some elliptical and gardening as well.

Quit smoking.

Cut down of coffee.

Have a lunch that is mostly vegetables.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Train to do 100 pushups
    Run (for more than a few minutes between airport gates, ha) on purpose (now I am thinking of working up to 5k)
    Be able to turn down a candy bar without feeling deprived
    Feel good wearing shorts in public
    Exercise almost every day

Great topic, Vivia! :flowerforyou:
  • lynzz
    lynzz Posts: 45
    I NEVER thought that I could -

- Quit Smoking (smoked for 15 years/smoke free for 5 months now)
    - Be able to hike a strenous 12 miles
    - Look forward to exercising every weekday / hiking or biking on weekends.
    - Fit into a size 4 pants and 8 Top!!!!
    - Give up Diet Coke and Lo-Carb Monster drinks (use to live on these)
    - Drink 8 or more glasses of water a day (hate water, love diet coke)
    - Go to a movie without popcorn.......
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Never thought I would walk 60 miles in a 3 day breast cancer walk.....and do it again!!!!
    Never thought I would train every single saturday and be EXCITED that we were 'only' walking a 15 mile walk!!!
    Never thought I would walk a marathon (26.2 miles)
    Never thought I would walk it in under 7 hours in 105 degree heat!!!
    Never thought I would LOVE working out....even spinning.....(ok, I cant stay I TOTALLY love spinning!!!)
    Still have a long way to go (about 55 pounds or more) but know that I CAN do it....
    Never believed in myself.....
  • MumOfADuo

- Look forward to exercising every weekend / hiking or biking on weekends.
    Oh man...I am not sure I could EVER give up diet coke....but I am a huge water junkie, too.....and I only have maybe 1 diet coke a day.....but still...that is a HUGE NSV!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MumOfADuo

- Look forward to exercising every weekend / hiking or biking on weekends.

OH I didnt see your last one!!! MOVIES WITHOUT POPCORN???????????? You are kidding, right??? So it IS possible????? Oh the joyous day that will be!!! ÜÜ:heart:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    I never thought I'd

-crave a glass of water
    -need a new (smaller) notch on my belt
    -see a photo of myself and actually feel like I look HOT!

:laugh:
  • MumOfADuo
    Great Topic! But ...
    I'm struggling here ... trying to think of something exciting. I have actually said "no" to my favorites, double cheeseburger with extra pickles and french fries with vinegar and salt., and opted for a salad with dressing (low fat) on the side. But a size 6? If I ever hit that, you will know from Alaska to Maine to Florida.

Amen Sista!!! I will never be a size 6 either...I was going to say that I was totally excited to be out of the 20's but was a bit embarrassed to say it out loud ÜÜ Was also going to say that I was TOTALLY thrilled when I could buy an XL as opposed to a 2 or 3x Ü
    And saying No to a double cheeseburger is HUGE!!! Way to GO!!!
    Kathey
  • Steffykins
    Steffykins Posts: 176
    It's so nice hearing everyones successes, it's very inspiring. You've all done so many amazing things :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!