Water?

court428
court428 Posts: 34
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
I use the mobile app and am logging how much water I drink also. By cup, do they mean an actual measurement of one cup, or like one glass of water? I was never quite sure about that.

Replies

• crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    one measurement of a cup 8 ounces.:drinker:
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    1 cup=8 oz so both in a sense, if your glasses are 8 oz then by the "glass" if you use a water bottle or larger glass then itll be different. I use a 16 oz or 32 oz cup with a straw most days so depending on which cup I use I log the 2-3 cups of water when Im done
  • Good fact about water i recently read and loved

* 8 glasses is a great goal, because water promotes satiety, prevents heart attacks, builds muscle and stokes your metabolism. The last one especially in the morning, when your body has spent the equivalent of a day in the office without any intake of fluid. German scientists discovered that drinking at least 16oz (2 servings) of chilled H2O as soon as you roll out of bed boosts metabolism by 24% for 90 min afterward. It was shown that people who drank at least 8 glasses had higher metabolic rates than people who only drank 4

Check out the mens health big book of food and nutrition....great book about random stuff people wonder every day :)
This discussion has been closed.