Motivation madness

Options
Hi everyone,

Hoping someone else out there has felt or is feeling the same so we can get through this.

Have been eating healthier after Xmas and seeing a personal trainer twice a week since March (7weeks now).

I got obsessed with weigh in, freaking out about the number etc.

So I started measuring hips and waist weekly and told my PT I'm not looking at the scales when he does my weight.

I know I'm getting smaller as clothes now are looser etc but the whole number thing is still in the back of my mind. I know some of it will be muscle gain.

How do you stay motivated?

Like, it will rain so I'm all "can't walk now" when I should do my resistance band DVD.

Replies

• sgj81
    sgj81 Posts: 5
    Options
    Is it "normal" to feel like that after two months?
  • TheNewDanielle
    Options
    I'm right there with you. It sucks... I keep finding reasons not to exercise, but not too bad of ones like doing wedding stuff or anniversary stuff... but we've GOT to get back on that horse! I keep saying that and hoping to convinces me. With all the rain down here in the south, my dog and I haven't gotten to do any outside walking, and like you, I could be doing the shred or the treadmill... Anyway, I hope you get on the bandwagon again and that there's room for me... I've returned to measuring my portions like mad, so hopefully exercise is on the comeback too :D Good luck!
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It's hard, but I tell myself that eating right and exercising makes me healthier and improves my quality of life regardless of what the scale or tape measure says. Eventually the results show there too, but not always as soon as I would like.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You have to be in the right mind set. I have been where you are many times. Then I would fall off, and not look back. I'm doing the 30 day shred right now, and I've only taken 1 day off. I live in Wisconsin and it is rainy as heck here too! So I haven't gotten to take my walks.. but I've made that my secondary work out. Shred daily, and if it's nice I'll walk and Shred. You have to pull back in your priority... if it is time for you lose it,.. you have to be all in, and be ready to have slow times, plow through and you will be soo happy!!