Just curious, how many MFPers

Options
I've noticed so many MFPers have the quit smoking ticker. I was just wondering, how many people came to MFP because they had just quit smoking, like myself? How many people quit smoking after they had already been loyal to this site?

Replies

• bodibykelli
    Options
    I've noticed so many MFPers have the quit smoking ticker. I was just wondering, how many people came to MFP because they had just quit smoking, like myself? How many people quit smoking after they had already been loyal to this site?
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Nah, I quit two + years ago, I just thought the numbers looked impressive on the ticker :tongue:

But its nice that I have a daily reminder of how far I've come!
  • bodibykelli
    Options
    Nah, I quit two + years ago, I just thought the numbers looked impressive on the ticker :tongue:

Hey! It is VERY impressive!!! Did you gain any weight when you quit?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I quit and started the diet at the same time. I didn't lose weight for 2 months, but didn't gain either.
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    I also just added mine because I wanted to know how much I have saved since I quit. I remind my husband every time I buy something new how much we saved from me not smoking... almost 4 years now since I quit. I also packed on poundage when I quit. Ugh.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options

Hey! It is VERY impressive!!! Did you gain any weight when you quit?

I'm sure I did some, but my total weight gain wasn't because of smoking cessation. It was drinking 5-10 drinks a week (or more), eating fast food 4 times a week, no exercise.
  • bodibykelli
    Options
    I quit and started the diet at the same time. I didn't lose weight for 2 months, but didn't gain either.

Ya know, that's what the experts say to do.....if you start a diet plan at the same time you quit, you have a greater chance at succeeding at both. Not gaining anything is truly applaudable!!!!