Need a pep talk....

Options
I'm getting extremely frustrated, not only is it finals week and I have 4 papers due, but I rarely have time to go to the gym these days.

I find myself having to skip meals because I'm so busy and then gorging on food once I have free time.

My weight has been fluctuating the past 2 weeks, but I haven't lost any additional weight, my goal is to lose 50 pounds by September and as each day passes I find it becoming an impossible task!

I goaled myself at 156 by the end of this month and I'm only at 164... I'm so bummed out and I just need some sort of a pep talk.

I mean I try to talk to my friends about it, but they're all slim and never have to worry about working out or eating healthy foods, they all think it's awesome that I've lost 16 pounds so far, but to me it's not enough.

I understand it's going to be a slow progress, but I see lots of people here losing weight at a faster rate than me and as happy as I am for everyone I still get bummed out because I'm still stuck at 16 pounds....

ANY words of encouragement would be AWESOME right now.....

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Takes planning when you are going to be busy. For me - I fill my Sigg bottle at night and put in fridge for grab and go. Yogurt on the way out the door and stuff my purse with apple, Baby Bel light cheese, Zone Perfect or Think Think bar and a 100 calorie pack - or similar items. I gained my weight starving all day and gorging - so I know now that I have to plan and purchase items that work for days when I am to busy to eat. Good luck!
  • nudacris
    nudacris Posts: 25
    Options
    I highly recommend you eat something every 2-3 hours. You could get jerky, nuts (almonds preferably), etc. I don't eat dairy, but no/low-fat yogurt without added sugars, greek yogurt, part skim string cheese. Energy/protein bars, fruits, dried fruits. Most of these come in snack size packaging, or you could buy from costco or sam's club and portion them out yourself each day. It's important to keep your metabolism going, drink water throughout the day, keep eating healthy, and keep your calorie deficit reasonable.

Good luck on the finals!