Newbie :) Sw - 255 & Cw - 249

Options
Hey ya'll :)
I'm Kelsey and just thought I'd introduce myself, I plan on using the boards to get advice, learn and make budies. I'm 23 years old and have around 100 pounds to lose. I'm all about support, it's hard doing it by yourself so I'm always up for talking. Right now I'm doing Turbo Jam 5x a week, with strength 3x a week and also doing the Atkins Induction. I actually don't miss carbs, and I've only been doing Atkins for 4 days and have lost 6 pounds so far.

Ready to start mingling and losing this weight together :)

Replies

• jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    Hi, welcome, I have been using MFP as a dietician! and along with a new found willingness to bend down to put my trainers on, I find it very useful in managing what I eat and tracking my excercise, and how in turn that affects my overall intake / output. Ive never been a fan of the atkins but then again ive never met anyone who used it so I will find it interesting to see how you get on. All I will say is make sure you you eat within 10% of your calorie goal as it really does matter, i found eating too little meant i lost less!! Weirld i know but true. my wife and I are both using MFP and are both shrinking slowly but healthily. Good luck!
  • kelseydawl
    Options
    Jeff,
    Thanks for your warm welcome, and great job on losing 26 lbs! Thanks for the advice, Atkins is really weird .. I keep thinking how do you lose weight eating only meat cheese and veggies? However I am in the Induction Phase, but it's going pretty well. I haven't had cravings for carbs, only something sweet. Interesting.. I will make sure to keep within 10%, I've been finding it hard to get my calories up. I'm using 2 weeks as a learning process, it's a bit overwhelming to get everything right immediately. I'm liking it so far though, I don't feel bloated or sick like I normally do and I'm not having hunger cravings. Thanks again, and good luck to both you and your wife :)

Kelsey Lynn
  • neonpink
    neonpink Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelsey we are the same age and have a similar amount to lose so totally understand where your coming from, you have come to the right place, this site is great for support. A friend request is on it's way!!

Katy