How much is too much?

Options
Is there anything like too much exercise? I do insanity every morning (40min), followed by 45 min walk, then an hour later 20 min walk, then 40 min walk at lunch, in the afternoon 1.5hrs cycling, then 40 mins running and 45 min walking...
Is it too much?

Replies

• Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Have you no life? :wink:

Definitely way too much for me, but if you actually like doing this, go for it
  • whateverdamnit
    Options
    If you're not completely exhausted at the end of it and if you don't completely loathe doing that much exercise, it shouldn't be a problem. :)
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Everyday at that level, Yeah! it's too much!! you need to give your body a rest! but again that's my opinion, you must do what you find best suits you!!
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    well, most of the walking is with my husband and my dogs, running is with my sister, and cycling is from work, so its not exactly cardio, or I dont treat it as such. Just the insanity bit is a bit insane cz I have to get up at 4.30 to do it... :ohwell:
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    There is definitely such a thing as too much (but nobody ever tells you that because they get so caught up in all the people not doing enough!). Stress fractures, overexertion dislocations, shin splints - all things that I've had and not things that you want. I do feel for you though because I know how good it can feel to be doing all of that and how addictive it can be.
  • darrenham
    darrenham Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    well, most of the walking is with my husband and my dogs, running is with my sister, and cycling is from work, so its not exactly cardio, or I dont treat it as such. Just the insanity bit is a bit insane cz I have to get up at 4.30 to do it... :ohwell:

Erm... it's still cardio. I'd be wary of running every day, make sure you listen to your body. If your joints, bones or muscles get tender, rest.

I'm not exactly sure what this insantiy thing is, but there's no problem with working out every day if it doesn't involve high impact forces on your joints and bones. As I said above, listen to your body and you'll be fine.
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Check with your doc? I once knew an exercise addict who really screwed up his organs somehow (I can't remember how)...

Best,

Debbie