Unbelievable - even to my Doctor!

Options

Replies

• Cherlette
    Options
    Congrats!!! i AM NEW TO THIS SITE HOWEVER IT HAS REALLY HELPED ME REALISTICALLY KNOW WHAT TO EAT AND WHAT NOT TO EAT..DOWN 5LBS WITH 95 TO GO..
  • bast2112
    bast2112 Posts: 63
    Options
    You saved your own life!! Awesome!
  • troythegeek
    Options
    It's amazing what wakes us up and gets us motivated to live a healthier lifestyle. Your story is inspirational and proof that we can control so much of what is happening with our bodies. Good luck to you and I hope you continue to baffle the "experts" for a long time with your continued success.
  • LyndseyMcKnight7
    Options
    That is wonderful! Congrats to you and keep up the excellent work!
  • Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Great for you as your eating your way to great health! Congrats to you. It's a lot of hard work to get healthy at first and it feels great to feel good and it does get easier as habits change. You should be very proud of yourself. :D
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Nice! Keep up the good work. :)
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Years ago I was diagnosed with runaway diabetes, high blood pressure and "immeasurable" cholesterol. Your triglycerides are to be under 150. Mine were 3,576 just two years ago. After many visits to various doctors we had pounded that number down to 550. As you may expect I received 3 stents on March 29th of this year. Sunday I will turn 50. After the heart procedure I have become obsessed with my diet and exercise habits. A big part of that was finding myfitnesspal.com and tracking everything I do. To the amazement of my doctors, my family and myself I had new blood numbers pulled Sunday. My tri’s are down to a low 93 and cholesterol is at 85! Movement that is unbelievable in just 26 days. This application has allowed me to get a handle on what I eat and how bad I was doing when I thought I was doing well. Thank you.

That's awesome! Do you mind if I ask what you were eating before that you thought was good for you that didn't turn out to be so good?
  • Rufev
    Rufev Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It was the small things that tracking my food has pointed out. Like you have a salmon dinner thinking "this is great!" to realize later you put 200 calories worth of tartar on the fish and 100's of calories of dressing on the salad. You are walking around the office and you have a cookie here and some candy there without even thinking about it. My wife and I would go out to dinner often and you have the appetizer, salad, entree, dessert...2000 calories later...Wow!

Now it is fat free, sugar free everything with me making 90% of the food I choose to eat. Amazing difference.
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    What a fabulous acheivement!!
    Its so great to hear the stories of the ones who change.
    I am a nurse and often see the patients BEFORE surgery givign them all the education and idea to change, then six months later we see them again back fallen into the old ruts.

I made a serious decision to get a hold of myself and my own health for many reasons but really who wants to take advice from a health professional who isn't healthy!!
    Great job at making the changes!!!
  • DancingVe
    DancingVe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!
  • Cynthiafaron
    Cynthiafaron Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Fantastic achievement. All that good news is going on with all the people on this site that take their health seriously. I can't wait to see my numbers look better than the last Dr visit. I go in June. I wish you continued health !:smile:
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    great work.A great success story!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    My wife and I would go out to dinner often and you have the appetizer, salad, entree, dessert...2000 calories later...Wow!

Awesome job again.

This is probably one of the reasons why most of us are on here. We thought. We are not eating fast food, we are going to a nice restaurant, and then order exactly what you mentioned all 4 courses.
  • Rufev
    Rufev Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Another thing that I am happy about through all of this is that most people would experience their first heart attack and then get checked out. I have to say "hats off" to my primary care physician. She saw a small tick in an EKG that she did not like. Sent me to the Cardiologist where they did their battery of tests. Results were inconclusive so they wanted to do the heart cath to make sure everything was ok. As I stated earlier they had to install 3 stents but I feel we reset the clock without having the heart damage happen first. The ultimate 2nd chance!
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!:flowerforyou:
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations! I too just got new numbers for my triglycerides, they use to over 150, can't remember exact number but just the other week my doctor told me it was down to 55! :D And still my doctor keeps trying to tell me to go down to 1200 calorie diet after losing 64 lbs lol
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations! I too just got new numbers for my triglycerides, they use to over 150, can't remember exact number but just the other week my doctor told me it was down to 55! :D And still my doctor keeps trying to tell me to go down to 1200 calorie diet after losing 64 lbs lol

Thanks to our original poster and to you for sharing. My numbers went way out of wack in just a short time (like 3 months-ish) and I'm looking forward to checking all the labs again in June. My A1C is still in the normal range but trending upwards, and all the cholesterol numbers are somewhat off where they used to be in the 'high normal' range. Hopefully, I'll be making a post like this one in June!
  • octbaby00
    octbaby00 Posts: 15
    Options
    How amazing! This site has also shown me my eating habits were not as great as I thought. Those numbers are just amazing! Congrats to you!
  • MaryS910
    MaryS910 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My tri’s are down to a low 93 and cholesterol is at 85! Movement that is unbelievable in just 26 days. This application has allowed me to get a handle on what I eat and how bad I was doing when I thought I was doing well. Thank you.

Wow, just 26 days? What do you eat? Can you give us an idea of your diet and exercise regime? Did they do an A1C and if so, what was it? Again, Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!