Counting calories, exercising, weight going up???

2»

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    Unless we have more to go on it is pretty much impossible to help. We have no idea on how many calories you eat in a day, what they are made up of, or the like. It would be good to be able to see you food diary. How are you measuring your portions? A good digital kitchen scale is very helpful in this area. It is very easy to have extra calories build up through the day from little mistakes in measuring.

As for exercise, running it good. Intervals are better. High Intensity Intervals are even better. I would also suggest looking into some sort of strength training. You don't need weight to start, you can do body weight exercises. For that matter using body weight exercises you can do Metabolic Resistance Training as well. I have some stuff on Metabolic Resistance Training on my blog here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/rileysowner
  • The article below fits my scenario. Yesterday I ran the farthest I'd ever run since high school (8 years ago). So maybe I'm experiencing the water retention deal. Also, combined with too much salt and I'm a recipe for the michelin man effect.

Please read this blog, it helped me understand the weight gain ( a few weeks late) so much and totally makes sense !

http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=why_the_scale_goes_up_when_you_start_a_new_workout_plan

Exactly what I was talking about. Hang in there-it should only be temporary.
  • Papa_Swearingen
    Papa_Swearingen Posts: 139 Member
    Have you ever thought about going on a detox? Not something crazy like whatever that spicy lemonade thing is, but a raw vegetable and lean protein only detox. Forcing yourself to eat "plain" food (no salt, no sugar, no processed anything) for a few days helps to "reset" your tastebuds. I was able to kick my sugar addiction in less than 14 days and I was able to lower my sodium intake significantly. I never feel hungry and the pounds are peeling off (which is great because I had been at a plateau for over a month).
    [/quote]

I'd be willing to try that! Can you layout a plan so I can get an idea?
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Welcome to my world. In the last 16 days, I've gained almost 5 lbs.
    In the last few months, I'm only down 3 lbs yet dropped almost 2 clothing sizes.
    Don't worry about the number if you know that you are following your program properly and honestly.
  • jaymae22
    jaymae22 Posts: 8
    O.K. What does eating my exercise calories mean?
This discussion has been closed.