Hi! My name is Christine

Options
Hello,

So, I'm getting married in about 9 months and I'm trying to find a way to keep myself motivated to complete my fitness goals. I have the benefit of marrying a personal trainer, but for some strange reason, I still cannot commit to his exercise plan.

I am hoping that this will open a new avenue of support for me because I really want to look DAMN good on my wedding day. I'm looking for motivation, support and advice on how get off my lazy bum and hit the gym. I work a sedatary job, but I'm also on the move to a new career as well. So a lot of changes, but I'm very excited.

Hope to chat with you,
Christine

Replies

• chriselys
    chriselys Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello,

So, I'm getting married in about 9 months and I'm trying to find a way to keep myself motivated to complete my fitness goals. I have the benefit of marrying a personal trainer, but for some strange reason, I still cannot commit to his exercise plan.

I am hoping that this will open a new avenue of support for me because I really want to look DAMN good on my wedding day. I'm looking for motivation, support and advice on how get off my lazy bum and hit the gym. I work a sedatary job, but I'm also on the move to a new career as well. So a lot of changes, but I'm very excited.

Hope to chat with you,
    Christine
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Hi Chris,
    Welcome aboard!
    You are not the first Bride to join this site, In fact one of our ladies JUST GOT MARRIED.
    See the Wedding pictures post and take a look at how wonderful she looks!
    I STILL SAY I WANT HER ARMS! She worked hard, and it shows. She is a BUFF BRIDE!
    :happy:
    You have found a great spot for support. I HAVE to go to this site everyday because I want to see how well my on line friends are doing. :happy:
    They have gotten me over some rough spots.
    Congrats on your engagement! :smooched:
    and again. Welcome aboard!
    --Diann...
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings chriselys!

Have you ever thought about Bellydance for exercise...it is so much fun and so good for you...it is a feminine and sensual total body toning workout...it is also good cardio when you drill or practice choreography...I bet your husband to be would enjoy you dancing for him...I'm 50 and I just started dancing a couple of years ago...it started as an exercise program and I fell in love with this artform...I take classes from a professional dancer once a week for $10.00 an hour...it is like having a personal trainer...there are also several instructional and workout DVDs that I use at home to train and practice...it is a great way to network with other women and there are many shows and events to attend beyond the classes.

I still incorporate other exercise as well: weight training, Fluidity, a little Yoga and Winsor Pilates.

This picture was taken 20 lbs ago...I'm now at 168 with about 40 to go.

Your Teammate,
    Fat Dancer
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Christine,

There are two (or more) fitness challenges on this site. One is the Christmas challenge (and I'm sure there will be a Valentine's Day challenge), where you pick a set of goals and update us every day about your ability to match/not match those goals. For example: 4x week cardio, 2x week weights, 2x week walking. Whatever they are. Come join us under Fitness (Christmas Challenge December 5).

The other challenge is the spring challenge. It's still working out some kinks, but basically you pick and event or goal for spring time (10k race for example), make a plan, and update it weekly?

Welcome aboard no matter what you do!

Mary
  • nathalie
    Options
    Hi Christine,
    Nothing like a white dress to get you going. Lucky Girl. I agree with Beatifu Dancer, maybe the gym is not the only option open to you. The gym doesn't really fit in with my schedule so I found alternate methods of excerise that are really working for me and keeping me motivated.
    Good luck and enjoy the tools and mostly the great people here

nat :flowerforyou:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard Christine. :smile: Enjoy the site, you can do alot in 9 months! I've only been here since August and it's been working fine for me.