how do I add calories to the 4-3-2-1 plan?

Options
I've been reading the Biggest Loser Cookbook, and I am stumpped...

If I need 1500 calories a day and my husband needs 2100 calories a day, how do I add more calories for him if your only suppose to have:

4 servings of fruit/veggies
3 servings of proteins
2 servings of whole grains
1 serving of extra

It works out perfectly for me at 1500 calories, but how do I add the servings up for him when a serving is 8 oz or 1 cup... What am I missing here?

I guess the only thing that makes sense to me right now is to add up all the servings which is 10, and then divide that by the amount of calories we need to eat, and then make the serving size that number...

So mine would be 1500cal / 10 = 150cal per serving, and for him 2100cal / 10 = 210cal per serving. Does that sound right? That seems like a lot of fruits and veggies in a day.

Replies

• pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    I've been reading the Biggest Loser Cookbook, and I am stumpped...

If I need 1500 calories a day and my husband needs 2100 calories a day, how do I add more calories for him if your only suppose to have:

4 servings of fruit/veggies
    3 servings of proteins
    2 servings of whole grains
    1 serving of extra

It works out perfectly for me at 1500 calories, but how do I add the servings up for him when a serving is 8 oz or 1 cup... What am I missing here?

I guess the only thing that makes sense to me right now is to add up all the servings which is 10, and then divide that by the amount of calories we need to eat, and then make the serving size that number...

So mine would be 1500cal / 10 = 150cal per serving, and for him 2100cal / 10 = 210cal per serving. Does that sound right? That seems like a lot of fruits and veggies in a day.
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Options
    I wish I knew the answer...sorry. :flowerforyou: