Green tea supplement?? Normal?

xoArielleMarieox
xoArielleMarieox Posts: 47
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
I joined MFP about. jeeze like two months ago?? Was doing GREAT this site was great motivation, and 12 days ago I lost my job...(for something that I see should NOT have been a reason to terminate me). Well in that 12 days I ate crapp, drank a lot of alcohol, and didnt excerise at all (easter didnt help) It caught up to me and I feel like crap and have no energy. Yesterday I bought one a day vitamin for myself aswell as green tea supplement. I hate drinking green tea, I thought it was more of a cleanser and natural so I went with it. This morning after my job I sat down, took my vitamin, took my green tea pill, chugged a bunch of water, took a bite of my muffin and within 3 minutes of doing that I felt my stomach twist, ran to the garbage and it allll came up. Mostly just water. Did I do something wrong or what? Does my body have to get used to pills seeing I take none and just took 2?

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Some of them make certain people incredibly ill. I take Green Tea Fat Burners twice a day and love them to bits. But reviews online are split almost 50/50. You either love them or you just can't keep them down. I would say they are probably not for you. Sorry that happened to you!
  • hazeyskyy
    hazeyskyy Posts: 25
    Try eating first, then taking your vitamins/supplments. You need food in your stomach for vitamins/supplements to catalyze with.
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Sorry to hear that. Vitamins usually make me feel a little ill unless I eat first. Maybe try to eat the muffin before you take the pills? Or do them at different times of the day?
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    I normally have to have something in my stomach already before taking any vitamins or sups....if I take them before I eat or on an empty stomach, I ALWAYS get extremely nauseous.....
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Sometimes it depends on the time of day you take things as well. I can not take vitamins or any meds in the morning. So you might want to try a different time as well...
  • farmgirl88
    farmgirl88 Posts: 91 Member
    A lot of these diet pills just overload your body with caffeine to make you nervous jitter off the pounds. So if you're already under some stress, adding a ton of caffeine on top can make things worse by stressing your body out even more.

Also, I find that it's best to eat something first before you take vitamins. I took my fish oil supplements on an empty stomach once.... and that was a really BAD idea.
This discussion has been closed.