zucchini recipe

Options
mrsbuzz
mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
I need a great way to cook zucchini so with other foods and some recipes by its self. Like a good healthy "fried" version. Thanks!

Replies

• thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    If you cut it into log strips, like french fry style, dip in an egg white, and then dip in Italian Bread Crumbs (the kind that come in a tall can already crumbled and seasoned) then fry in a frying pan on the stove top in a little olive oil. Super yummy! As for making it with something... you can always add it to any meat dish, or just cook in a little olive oil with some Mrs. Dash and call it done.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    I asked this same question yesterday LOL
    Made it by slicing it lengthwise, kinda thick, brushing with olive oil & grillig it. Then I topped it with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese as someone suggested. It was yummy. The KIDS even ate it
  • bgeer34
    bgeer34 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like to slice it the long way, sprinkle with olive oil (or the spray olive oil) add some mrs. dash or whatever seasoning you like and throw it on the grill or in the oven under the broiler.
  • mandy014384
    mandy014384 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been slicing then brushing with olive oil, sprinkle with Accent and pepper and popping it on the grill for a little bit.
  • klm78
    klm78 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I fixed zucchini chips last night and they were WONDERFUL!!! My entire family loved them...here's the link to the recipe.
    http://www.dashingdish.com/2010/04/zucchini-chips/

I've also saved this recipe from the same site and plan on trying them this weekend:
    http://www.dashingdish.com/2010/08/pizzucchini/

I roast alot of my veggies. Just slice them up, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. I like to add Cavender's to give it a kick. Roast at 425-450 for 15 mins or so. I sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and put back in the oven for about 5 minutes. Broccoli this way is my family's FAVORITE!

Good luck!