weight watchers

thinking about trying this....I struggle to stay on track and think maybe the meetings would be good for me...I never wanted to pay to help me lose weight! i do good then I snack on not so healthy stuff.....I started at 195 and was down to 179 and am now 183. It makes me want to cry. I am an emotional eater and my life is quite stressful but I can't wait till that goes away to lose this weight! THEN my SO eats very unhealthy and we eat seperate if Iam in the mood to snack there are always chips,cookies....I buyther kids cookies I don't care for so that helps...oh I dunno just frustrated and looking for advice!:explode:

Replies

• pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,646 Member
    I love Weight Watchers because you are not limited in what you can eat like other diet plans and there are different programs available to suit your lifestyle. When I first got my points book, I went thru and highlighted all of the foods that are zero - 2 Points and filled my diet with them. It really helped me get a jump start on avoiding the junk food and snacks. Remember it takes 21 to make/break a habit! Good Luck!
  • h2onut
    h2onut Posts: 164
    I have totally been where you are! I have only struggled with weight issues since having my 8yr old. I believe that when you're truly ready, that switch goes off and you WILL succeed! Something in me finally decided that I could no longer call it 'baby weight' once my daughter turned 8;/

If you think the accountability of weighing in in front of someone and attending meetings will help, then weight watchers is worth a try. Have you tried opening up your diary to your MFP friends? That was the best thing I ever did - holds me way more accountable, you just have to be truthful to you and your friends or it doesn't work.

Feel free to send me a friend request if you would like more help viewing your diary and getting an honest response:)
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Have you considered getting your SO on board with you? I have found that if I discuss with mine he's extremely supportive and quite helpful. He eats the crap when he's at work and away from home so that it isn't in the house and he helps by not complaining about healthy dinners. There are lots of cook books (my fav is Eating for Life) that has meals for families that are good and healthy. If your kids are young enough you can start them on healthy eating as well that way maybe they will avoid this issue. You can do it. You've had a small set back, just get on track and keep going. And I do understand stressful life, it makes it really hard to keep things straight, i have a mil husband in korea right now and am an engineer student and intern. So I feel you on the stress. But remember you are a strong person you wouldn't be here if you didn't want it and you wouldn't be asking for help. Nothing happens over night though. You can do it.
  • I've used WW in the past and found it helpful to be accountable and to have to weigh in with others so that might be what you need right now. I have a friend on the new points system and she says it is really good and more suited to her lifestyle than the program in the past.

Yeah my SO eats like a 12 year old (and is in awesome shape thanks to having great metabolism and being very athletic). I blamed him for the weight I gained since I met him but I realized a few months ago , its my choice and I need to choose better for ME. I have no control over him! So, I try and take myself off when he starts snacking on chips, cookies, licorice. Its hard because I like my junk food as well but i have to remind myself that is not going to get me to the lean body I want this summer by the pool. And he helps by keeping his food in a separate cupboard so I don't see it everytime I go to the cupboard myself!

Good luck and keep trying different "tools" until you find the combination that works for you!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    There's nothing that says that you have to buy chips and cookies at all, for anyone in your household. I've stopped buying them, as well as ice cream, and I have yet to hear a single complaint from my husband or my son. If they want some, they'll go buy it on their own and usually eat it outside of the house where I don't have to deal with it.

Instead of cookies and chips buy fruit and veggies and the occasional low fat, low sugar granola bar or something a little healthier like graham crackers. If you make their lunches for school, an apple or banana is a better dessert than a Twinkie or Oreos, any day. Starting your kids on a healthy eating habit now will only benefit them in the long run. And it will make things a lot easier on Mom, too. :)
  • My SO buys them we eat completely seperate...he makes his food I cook for me and the kids...he is grown and will not change how he eats and is not on board with changing his habits....My kids do mostly eats fruits verses junk....the kids aren't an issue its my SO I am changing how me and my kids eat. i also see nothing wrong with a cookie in their lunch.