Lost weight but don't feel it... yet.

Options
I'm really hoping my scales at home are accurate. If so, it means I've lost around five pounds in about a week and a half. :bigsmile: However, although I'm feeling better and have more energy from eating more healthfully and exercising, I don't feel like I've really lost much at all... yet. My pants are still tight as ever.

I'm not too worried about it though... just kinda calling into question the accuracy of my scales, ya know? However, I'm also thinking it's less to do with the scales and more to do with my monthly visitor... feeling kinda bloated/achy today :ohwell: . So, I'm just waiting this week out to see how I feel after Aunt Flow is through with her visit for the month.

Replies

• suspendedindusk03
    Options
    I'm really hoping my scales at home are accurate. If so, it means I've lost around five pounds in about a week and a half. :bigsmile: However, although I'm feeling better and have more energy from eating more healthfully and exercising, I don't feel like I've really lost much at all... yet. My pants are still tight as ever.

I'm not too worried about it though... just kinda calling into question the accuracy of my scales, ya know? However, I'm also thinking it's less to do with the scales and more to do with my monthly visitor... feeling kinda bloated/achy today :ohwell: . So, I'm just waiting this week out to see how I feel after Aunt Flow is through with her visit for the month.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    My clothes didn't feel any different for a few weeks. When the weather changed I put on clothes that I hadn't worn since the last time it was cold and I noticed the biggest difference in the length of my sleeves! I guess my shoulders were fat! You are probably losing in areas like your ankles, fingers, feet, wrists, etc first. That's what happened to me at first. You'll start noticing a difference in your jeans soon! Especially after The Visitor is gone. :wink: Hang in there! You're doing great!
  • suspendedindusk03
    Options
    mechanicmom,

Thanks!! It's always nice to hear about others' experiences, kinda puts things back into perspective for me. I'm so happy that my efforts are making a difference, even if I don't feel it in the places I really want to just yet. I'm not letting my impatience get the best of me this time!! Again, thanks for the encouragement and experience.

~ Chandra
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Yeah when my visitor comes the scale does not move for 2 weeks! Talk about annoying. So wait it out and you'll feel different after she leaves:happy:
  • suspendedindusk03
    Options
    Thanks, age1389. Luckily my visitor only sticks around for about 3 days, 4 max. So at least I (hopefully!) won't have long to wait. :wink:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    suspendedindusk03

Just wait. It will all of a sudden just happen. One day they are tight, and then the next it's like WOW.
    Keep up the great work, and you will be wearing baggy pants like those kids at the mall.
  • suspendedindusk03
    Options
    LOL, thanks for the encouragement, icandoit !!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I have lost 33 lbs and have gone down1 size in pants but I can still wear the ones I wore before they are just loose. From what I understand most people tend to lose weight from top to bottom so if you need to lose more weight you don't notice it as quickly. I am not sure how much fact that is but it certainly holds true for me. But honestly I don't feel any different since I have lost the weight, more energy and generally feeling well but not different.

Don't worry we will get there keep your head up your doing terrific.
    Eve
  • suspendedindusk03
    Options
    Thanks Eve! Sounds like you're doing great yourself... 33 lbs, that's awesome! :flowerforyou: