NEED ADVICE on running shoes

Options
Ok, so after several months of adding running on the treadmeal at the gym to my usual routine to replace the eliptical. I was running about 4-5 days a week for 30 mins each session proir to doing my strength training. I suddenly started having pain right above my heels on both sides of ankle. This pain only occured to start with when running. No pain with daily activies or strength training. Ive been wearing addidas for the last several years but after having a "running shoe analysis" at my local Omega Sports, I was told I need to be wearing a stabilty running shoe. They had a few options there but none I was really crazy about buying. Now am at the point that this pain is occuring when even wearing flat sandals. Ive stopped running for the last week and a half to see if resting the feet would help but it doesnt seem to be much better. If anything worse because started in only the right foot and now is painful in both feet. If anyone has any advice or experience with this, or any suggestions for a good stability running shoe, I would greatly appreciate it.

Replies

• drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    ASICS Women's GT 2150
    I have been doing a lot of research on this lately. And this is the best reviewed as well as best selling product on most online sites including Amazon. They have just launched GT 2160, so one can get a great deal on GT 2150. I ordered a Men's pair and got 35% off. If you don't mind spending more, go for GT 2160. They are around 85-100$. But if you want a great deal, i suggest you go for GT 2150.

Product Description - The ASICS® GT 2150 women's running shoe is loaded with performance features for comfort and gentle motion control. Impact Guidance System (I.G.S.®) technology enhances the foot's natural gait, while a Solyte® midsole provides responsive cushioning. The DuoMax® support system stabilizes the midfoot.