Probably an odd question....

Options
OK So I am pretty new to this, just been on a few days.... but I wanted to ask (and forgive me if it has been asked before)

I just started working out and logging my work outs. I currently Have 2 jobs one is a desk job and the other is a VERY part-time waitressing job. I will have no time to work out tonight because I am working both. So the question is....

1. Should I log the waitressing as some form of exercise?
2. Should I log it as walking (if I am wearing a pedometer)?

Thanks Everyone in advance!

Replies

• jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    my very humble opinion is: set your activity level to sedentary (if that best describes you) then log any waitressing time or other exercise so it'll count as activity in your logs. If you have a hard time assessing your activity then a pedometer or Heart Rate Monitor should be very helpful.

good luck!
  • mbvenske
    mbvenske Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I would use the waitressing on days when your busier than normal. If during your shift you feel that you are moving more than you normally do when there, definately use it, because you are moving more than normal.
  • 812sara
    812sara Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am set to Sedentary because I am at a desk 8 hours a days, that's why I figured waitressing should at least count for walking..... right?

Thanks for the feedback!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I agree, you should post you waitressing as walking at least. I'm a massage therapist, so I log my massages. I don't give them everyday because I mostly work as an instructor...so when I do a massage I figure its extra activity.
  • Chas209
    Chas209 Posts: 1
    Options
    As BUSY as you get there, it should be AT LEAST walking... You never stop when your there! lol
  • 812sara
    812sara Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I sure don't! and its fundraiser night!