for all you people who think you can choose fast food health

Options

Replies

• mykaanderson
    Options
    I found it the easiest to forgo the fast food lines myself. I don't need the upset stomach and the feeling like crap in general. Becareful of not only the fast food joints but restaurants in general. I have looked at the nutritional info and was FLOORED at what I thought would be a good choice and it turned out to be awful.
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    The only fast food places I frequent is Chipotle and Dibella's Subs!! YUMMMM!!!!!!!!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I still will randomly get my spicey chicken from wendys :):)

Thank you for being so honest!! I love the spicy chicken too :) and I'll still let myself have it every once in awhile. Yea fast food is bad, but once every month or so will not kill you. I hate it when people look down on ANYONE who ever eats fast food.
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i don't often eat fast food but to me it's really no differant than putting boxed food and canned food in me. ithat stuff is processed, has alot of added calories, sugar, sodium and lots of other things in it that i can't pronounce or spell. i don't think my body likes me very much when i opt to have a cereal bar that's 90 calories vs a 90 calorie banana. my mind knows the banana is better for me but doesn't always give me the satisfaction as that cereal bar. my doctor said moderation is the key.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I just read a report about the fillers that are used in McDonald's beef. I can no longer stand to go in the place. If I do eat at a fast food restaurant I plan VERY carefully for it and include sodium, sugar, protein and carbs for my choice. 95% of the time, I opt to make my own lunch.
  • Angiebug1969
    Options
    The more you eat real food, the more you'll crave real food! :bigsmile:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as healthy fast food.

TRUTH.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    FYI...

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-fast-food-diet

Not saying its the best choice but as I always say "To each its own"
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options

Thank you for being so honest!! I love the spicy chicken too :) and I'll still let myself have it every once in awhile. Yea fast food is bad, but once every month or so will not kill you. I hate it when people look down on ANYONE who ever eats fast food.

I heart you. :) I am the same way. I sitll love my Whataburger. I eat it a lot less now, but that 300 cal burger really hits the spot sometimes.
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    About a year ago that seemed to be the only thing My family was eating . I got tired of fast food even to this day it is hard for me to drive into the line or go inside. It seems faster to go home and cook something that is satisfying or even go to the store get the items needed and make it special. Fast food joints dont put the LOVE into your food like mama does or you do.
  • pchann
    pchann Posts: 84
    Options
    Here's my peeve. Everywhere you go even healthy places have a soda pop in a combo meal. I'll have a sandwich at the local deli or something and they offer cottage cheese instead of fries or chips but I always have to get a soda. It's about a dime difference if I just get the sandwich and cottage cheese. Grrrrr lol
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    im not even thinking about the calories at this point about fast food.

yes, to each their own and i dont look down on anyone for eating it at all.

im just scared for them because they dont know what's IN it. it's not about the calories for me; it's about what it's made from cause it's not what we think

:cry:
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options

Sorry - I am not (would not) look down on anyone. I was speaking just for me. Sorry if I offended anyone. :flowerforyou:

My position on 'fast food' is just my own.
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Thanks to MFP I've eaten fast food maybe twice in the last three months!

Me either!! Love MFP!!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    I think we can all agree that fast food isn't healthy.

But...I LIKE McDonald's and Wendy's and all that terrible stuff. I know it's bad for me, no need to lecture. So I don't eat it. But every once in a while fast food hits the spot. I don't remember the last time I had food from any of these places. But next time I really want some french fries I going to eat some.

I think it's awesome that people are anti fast food, but like every diet rule, it's not unbreakable.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options

No one is looking down on you. We just say its not healthy. You have people on this site who will say that there are healthy choices at fast food joints and they are fooling themselves.

Now if you are going to it for enjoyment and you know its not a healthy choice thats different. You aren't in denial you are just allowing yourself to enjoy something on the dark side. I don't think anyone would disapprove of that. Well I'm not.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options

No one is looking down on you. We just say its not healthy. You have people on this site who will say that there are healthy choices at fast food joints and they are fooling themselves.

Now if you are going to it for enjoyment and you know its not a healthy choice thats different. You aren't in denial you are just allowing yourself to enjoy something on the dark side. I don't think anyone would disapprove of that. Well I'm not.
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Here's my peeve. Everywhere you go even healthy places have a soda pop in a combo meal. I'll have a sandwich at the local deli or something and they offer cottage cheese instead of fries or chips but I always have to get a soda. It's about a dime difference if I just get the sandwich and cottage cheese. Grrrrr lol

AMEN to that!!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as healthy fast food.

QFT
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    If I 'want' a burger I make it myself.... Just sayin' I don't need to go to Wendy's (or other)...

I totally agree! If I want a burger or fries or whatever.. I can easily make it at home and then I know exactly who is touching it, how it is being cooked, etc. There isn't anything at a fast food place that I absolutely NEED. I much prefer food cooked in my own home.

I got really weird about it after watching Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares show. OMG. The stuff you see going on in the kitchens on that show. And don't you, for one second think it doesn't help at all kinds of places -- cause it does!
This discussion has been closed.