MFP without exercise?

Options
13»

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I think you are on the right track - if you are walking 45 mins a day, that is plenty of exercise to help with circulation, healthy bones etc, exercise DVD's are fine if you like them and have time, but they certainly aren't necessary!

I've wondered "why exercise if I'm going to eat the calories back" too and my conclusion is that exercising is helping to strenthen my muscles and bones, increase my metabolism (to burn more calories!) and don't forget that exercising is a natural anti-depressant, it released the feel good hormones endorphins into your system.
    So, there are good reasons to exercise that aren't just about weight loss, but you need to do what is right for your lifestyle.

It sounds like you are pretty busy with a new baby, I'm guessing you aren't getting enough sleep and probably don't have much time to yourself anyway, so I don't see that you have to force yourself to fit in an activity that you aren't enjoying.
    Make sure you keep moving (which you're doing!) eat healthy food for you and baby and maybe re-evaluate as the baby grows up and it is easier to get out and about.
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day, if you're in a calorie deficit, you're going to be losing weight. The danger of not doing exercise is that your body may start to eat your muscle mass instead, which reduces your Resting Metabolic Rate and will make it easier to gain fat back.

I don't know that it's necessary to do intense workouts regularly, as long as you are still working all your major muscle groups regularly so that you don't start to cannabalize that muscle that you've built up.