Protein Cleanse

Options
MsP90X
MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
I have a friend who is doing the Shakeology cleanse and I was thinking about doing it BUT... I hate the taste of Shakeology with water.... so I was wondering if anyone has done this with another kind of shake???? I wanted to follow the cleanse but using BSN Syntha 6 shake instead - would that be ok or dangerous.

Looking for advice.

Marge

Replies

• bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Never heard of a protein cleanse.

But nothings wrong with using a different protein. Shakeology is overrated crap that beachbody markets to people who aren't knowledgable about supplements.

Syntha 6 is a little high in sugar.
    Look for something like scivation or optimum nutrition whey in the future.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is really much more than a protein shake so simply switching from that just a protein supplement is not quite the same. The chocolate does take a bit to get used to with just water. I typically drink it with unsweetened vanilla almond breeze, add extra ice and it's pretty good. I usually do the three day cleanse after each completed round of P90X. Helps really get the salt out of my system.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Red light word! Cleanse!!! And protein cleanse at that. LOLOLOL. Sorry this stuff makes me shake my head in disbelief.

What do they have in it, Scrubbing Bubbles?
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I did it for 3 days using my own protein powder with water (which yes, is yucky. 1/2 cup milk, 2/3 cup water and 3/4 cup of ice is delicious but I didn't do milk for this 3-day diet as required), same effect, quick drop of #'s so it's good for a contest or a head start b/c it is just water weight. And no, it's not too much protein or an overdose, 3 scoops of my protein is 78g which is less than I take in eating normally, I aim for 100.
  • MsP90X
    Options
    I did it for 3 days using my own protein powder with water (which yes, is yucky. 1/2 cup milk, 2/3 cup water and 3/4 cup of ice is delicious but I didn't do milk for this 3-day diet as required), same effect, quick drop of #'s so it's good for a contest or a head start b/c it is just water weight. And no, it's not too much protein or an overdose, 3 scoops of my protein is 78g which is less than I take in eating normally, I aim for 100.

Ok... that is what I wanted to know... Thanks a million!!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how living off protein shakes for 3 days could "cleanse" your body.

Eating clean for 3 days would do much better.
  • MsP90X
    Options
    The idea is just to give me a boost and then I will carry on with my clean eating...

It is not JUST shakes you drink, check it out on her blog: http://myinsanejourney-laura.blogspot.com

It is in insane shape and just did the cleanse to switch things up a bit... that is also my plan. The question was just if I COULD use a regular protein shake. I do try and eat clean and will continue but I am just looking for a head start.