Hi

Options
I found this site about 4 days ago and did really well the first 3 days (then yesterday was my husbands 30th and I totally blew it:blushing: )! I've got about 25lbs to lose and never tried counting calories, so hopefully it's easier to stick to than all the other diets I've tried! If anyone has any tips or tricks to help me stay on track I'd love to hear them.... I kinda suck at dieting:laugh:

Replies

• Kirsti
    Kirsti Posts: 53
    Options
    I found this site about 4 days ago and did really well the first 3 days (then yesterday was my husbands 30th and I totally blew it:blushing: )! I've got about 25lbs to lose and never tried counting calories, so hopefully it's easier to stick to than all the other diets I've tried! If anyone has any tips or tricks to help me stay on track I'd love to hear them.... I kinda suck at dieting:laugh:
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I am relatively new too. Welcome aboard!
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I believe that if you look at this as finding a healthier way to eat and exercise it will be different than calling it a diet.

To me a diet connotes something you do until you reach a goal and then you go back to your bad habits whereas MFP should be used to change your eating style to one that's going to stick with you for a life time.

Holidays and periods of indulgement are a fact of life it's just how much you can control yourself.

Welcome aboard!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I agree with rheston this is a life style change but it is a diet as well just a healthy one. We all sometimes go overboard on Holidays, birthdays or special events. But tomorrow is a new day and just start again. One day is nothing to beat yourself up about. You can do this :drinker:
  • hnlymark
    hnlymark Posts: 191
    Options
    Hello Kirsti and welcome! Glad you're here.
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I refer to it as.... when I started living my HEALTHY LIFE......................... It's almost my first birthday ;).

October 1st is the first anniversary of beginning my healthy lifestyle!!

Welcome aboard!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    i hear you I was the same way....but this site is addicting so i am sure you will be fine

WELCOME
  • emtchip
    emtchip Posts: 12
    Options
    If you are honest with yourself about how many calories you take in and know that once a month its ok to cheat you will loose the weight. You just happened to cheat early :bigsmile: Good luck!
  • Starr
    Starr Posts: 45
    Options
    Kirsti, If you keep a food diary, you are already on the road to success. The diary keeps you "honest." The August 4 issue of Time has an article, "Dear (Food) Diary," that supports this form of weight loss. It is interesting to see how many calories in a cup of raw spinach compared to a cup of pasta. Don't worry about one day - that was yesterday.