Tesco Food Shopping

2»

Replies

• ellenangel
    ellenangel Posts: 106 Member
    Nope- not a typo :) Just checked the ones in my cupboard- the salmon one is 200, Italian pasta one is 219, French one is 203 and the salsa one is 180 (also a few bought more recently are 195...odd). Maybe they have changed them recently?
    Well they may not all be 250, but they are all nearer to 250 than 100, LOL!

They are advertised at being "under 250 calories", and because I don't like peas or beans the only one I eat is the Tuna Sweetcorn Pasta Water chestnuts and Peppers one. That is 247 calories, so I mistakenly assumed they'd all be about that level.

Great idea though, and fantastic if you're walking - have you tried that new Moroccan Salmon one yet?
    http://www.john-west.co.uk/products/light-lunch/
    [/quote]

oops- haha! I could have sworn I typed 200! I LOVE the salmon one! It's labelled as new but been out for a while- I eat them all the same way: cover a plate with raw spinach, stick in the microwave for 30 seconds, spray with a few squirts of the 1-calorie Italian dressing and top with the Light Lunch. Delish! The Italian one doesn't have sweetcorn and is really good (the most substantial tasting, IMO). There are some chicken ones too which are hard to track down- only seen them in wee corner shops and they are really expensive there. Can't even find them on the website but googling images shows what the cases look like!
  • nykdem
    nykdem Posts: 119 Member
    You seem to have received loads of suggestions about what to put in your basket so I won't bore you with more.

My one piece of advice ......... EAT BEFORE YOU GO FOOD SHOPPING!!!! Failure to do this will result in you putting ALL the wrong foods in your basket!!!

Good luck with the shopping quest!
This discussion has been closed.