How do you record Leslie Sansone in MFP?

Options
I have been using Leslie Sansone's 3 mile walk for about 3 months now. When I started using my fitness pal I recorded it as a 3.5 mile brisk pace walk. The calorie burn on 50 minutes is only 179.

Am considering switching to record it as a low impact aerobic. 50 minutes in that category is 301 calories burned for me.

How do you record your workouts with Leslie? Is switching a good idea?

Replies

• CillaGray
    CillaGray Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have been using two of her 5 mile videos since Oct. I've always recorded them as low impact aerobic.
  • deut32_47
    deut32_47 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been using two of her 5 mile videos since Oct. I've always recorded them as low impact aerobic.

Thank you for your reply. Might just go ahead and switch it then :wink:

Congrats on losing 54 pounds. You are my hero today :happy:
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I was using the 5.0 walking. I wonder what is right???
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I use WATP 4 and 5 miles dvds and just created my own activity and labeled it for whatever dvd it was...With 5 miles I can burn up to 450 calories, so I use my HRM to track minutes and calories.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I use WATP 4 and 5 miles dvds and just created my own activity and labeled it for whatever dvd it was...With 5 miles I can burn up to 450 calories, so I use my HRM to track minutes and calories.

But what about those of us who do not have a HRM? I am still not so sure if I want to get one or not.
  • superstah00
    superstah00 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I record it as low impact aerobics also :wink:
  • deut32_47
    deut32_47 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have wondered the same thing (whether or not to get an HRM). At this point, for me, I am seeing success without it. Maybe if I hit the dreaded plateau then I will look into it a bit more and consider the possibiltiy. Until then...I am all for saving the money.
  • CillaGray
    CillaGray Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing 54 pounds. You are my hero today :happy:

Thanks! That 54 lbs was from April 1st. I'm happy to say I weighed in this morning and lost another 4 lbs. :smile:
    Interesting. I was using the 5.0 walking. I wonder what is right???

I don't think I'd exert the same intensity doing a 5 mile walk video in an hour as I would walking 5 mph in an hour. Granted I get a great workout from the video, but if I was doing 5 mph I'd be jogging/running.
  • tiggerlilly1001
    Options
    I have doing Leslie Sansone for years. For one mile you burn 100 calories. I love it so much.