my first NSV

Options
chelsey728
chelsey728 Posts: 138 Member
I'm doing insanity & my 2nd fit test was SO much better then my first! I'm so happy I had to share!
name of move 1st 2nd
1: Switch Kicks: 44 55
2. Power Jacks: 40 56
3. Power Knees: 73 102 (yay!)
4. Power Jumps: 26 35
5. Globe jumps: 8 14
6. Suicide Jimps:15 20
7: Pushup jacks: 9 16
8:lowplank oblique: 23 59

I haven't lost weight yet but seeing the numbers improve makes me so proud! (now if I would be able to get a scale victory i'd be thrilled :tongue: )

Replies

• Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hey, much better on every single move. Gotta love that. I'm sure you'll figure something out to get that scale to move.
  • chelsey728
    chelsey728 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    ah i hope so!! it's getting verrry frustrating! thanks for the encouragement! :-)
  • Woodman725
    Options
    With out a doubt it's great to see the scale move, but there are so many other things to tell us we are more healthy. Did you take any measurements when you started? It's not too late, you could be shifting weight around and losing inches without losing pounds. You just proved that you're able to do more by the fitness test, maybe some of it is muscle memory and being able to do the exercises more efficiently but there's nothing wrong with that, better is better right? The last four months I have had several weeks where I either gained or stayed basically the same and I really had to ask myself where was I failing myself, what was I missing. Be true to yourself about your food diary and exercise maybe there's something there. Maybe your estimates on exercise calories is way off. I know you work hard and you can do it, good luck. My inbox is always open if you need an ear.
  • JennWhit10
    Options
    Im a firm believer in inches. I was running 5 days a week a few months ago before I went from a stay at home mom to a full time job. I wasnt seeing pounds lost on the scale, but I was feeling much slimmer. So many of my friends/family members were asking how much weight I had lost and of course my response was "none." Then I realized losing inches was making me look smaller than losing pounds does. Before pregnancy(my daughter is 8 months old) I wore the same clothes Im wearing now, but I weighed about 10-12 pounds less. That has to mean something right? LoL!
  • Woodman725
    Options
    Im a firm believer in inches. I was running 5 days a week a few months ago before I went from a stay at home mom to a full time job. I wasnt seeing pounds lost on the scale, but I was feeling much slimmer. So many of my friends/family members were asking how much weight I had lost and of course my response was "none." Then I realized losing inches was making me look smaller than losing pounds does. Before pregnancy(my daughter is 8 months old) I wore the same clothes Im wearing now, but I weighed about 10-12 pounds less. That has to mean something right? LoL!

I really don't like hearing people just throw this around, but Jenn you really probably gained that much muscle. Muscles don't always get bigger when you get stronger, they get more dense. And yes, muscle can weigh more than fat(per volume) because of that. So that's why you can slim down and still weigh the same and lose inches. You're losing the fat which is between the muscle and skin(losing inches) and building the muscle density(which doesn't take up more space or create inches). Lesson, don't always trust the number on the scale frustrate you, unless it's a body fat % scale, although that's a whole other discussion. (I know they aren't always that accurate, it was just meant to make a point) Keep up the hard work, both of you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!