Chicken calories

Options
Can anyone help me to determine exactly how many calories are in chicken? When I'm home I have my scale so it's a little easier to be accurate, but yesterday I had a fried chicken wing at work and when I checked the database there were lots of different entries and I'm not sure which is correct? Then today I had a oven fried thigh and again the entries varied some by over a 100 calories. This is why I hate eating things that I can't weigh or double check the nutritional info! SMH

Replies

• bonnie1512
    bonnie1512 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi there, does it not say on the packet how many calories in an amount of the chicken. If unsure I would go with the highest calorie then that way you will be safer. Good luck
  • ratkins811
    ratkins811 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    if you got it from a fast food like KFC or something they should have a nutrition guide on their site.
  • tludare
    tludare Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have also noticed huge differences in the calories for the same exact thing...until I notice the * at the bottom of the search field stating that all * items are ones that MFP members have added....so try to find your item without a * and it will probably be closer to the truth.
  • LadyT02182011
    Options
    You can go to the USDA nutrient database to confirm the information. I confirm all of my food entries either from there or livestrong.com. I never trust the info on here because of all the various entries that people have inputted.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    hi there, does it not say on the packet how many calories in an amount of the chicken. If unsure I would go with the highest calorie then that way you will be safer. Good luck

No it doesn't say the food was catered and the website has no nutritional info at all.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You can go to the USDA nutrient database to confirm the information. I confirm all of my food entries either from there or livestrong.com. I never trust the info on here because of all the various entries that people have inputted.

Thanks Lady I'll try there!
  • craigh04
    craigh04 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    BUMP