new scale

Options
I am so frustrated right now :explode: my old scale took a dump which said i was like 150.5 pounds, when i went to the dr's a few weeks ago his said i was 164, now that my old scale took a dump i bought a brand new one - well it says i am 160.6 WTH!!!! Here I think I am doing well and lossing and i am heavier than i thought by 10 friggen pounds!!! :explode:

i am so ready to just say to hell with it all but i know i can' t do that. i guess i will just have to work harder is all.

thanks for listening - i just really need to vent!! :smile:

Replies

• lexi1015
    lexi1015 Posts: 29
    Options
    I am so frustrated right now :explode: my old scale took a dump which said i was like 150.5 pounds, when i went to the dr's a few weeks ago his said i was 164, now that my old scale took a dump i bought a brand new one - well it says i am 160.6 WTH!!!! Here I think I am doing well and lossing and i am heavier than i thought by 10 friggen pounds!!! :explode:

i am so ready to just say to hell with it all but i know i can' t do that. i guess i will just have to work harder is all.

thanks for listening - i just really need to vent!! :smile:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    sometimes I think the scale can play mindgames with all of us. The important question is how do you feel ?Regardless of what the scales say.:wink:
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I have the same kind of thing happen. My scale at home was broken so I was using the one at the gym and now that I got my scale fixed, I weigh more than the gym scale says! I just went with the home scale since I will be using it more anyways. Oh well. It does suck! :cry:
  • tamifanny
    tamifanny Posts: 113
    Options
    The Dr's scale always weighs more cuz you are fully dressed & probably already ate that day too! So forget about the Dr's. scale.:sad:

I too just bought a new WW scale & it even reads out the ounces:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just take comfort in your here & MFP friends will encourage you to a New You:drinker: You can do this (so can I):drinker:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    That is frustrating! But, NO we will not permit you to give up. Sorry. Not an option. Nope.

I have been stuck for awhile at the same weight - fluctuating around 164 and my goal is 150. However, I am noticing the clothes are fitting differently and I am more toned. So, I will do my best to use the scale to keep me in check but I am not FOCUSING on it. Go with how you are feeling and just try to keep doing healthy things for your body. It will work, honest! :flowerforyou:
  • emibmas
    emibmas Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I have posted this a few times...my scale story :grumble:

I thought I had FINALLY made it under 200, my scale said 190, what a great day! I have been working so hard! But I noticed if I leaned back a certain way then...boom it said 200. So I thought I better get a ditigal one so that I would know just how GREAT I was doing....WRONG! The digital one said 210. SERIOUSLY! Not only was I not under 200, I had a long way to get there! But i had always been taking measurements, and those were going down. So I kept on it....I have lost 4 lbs since the digital scale. I wish I knew my starting weight, but oh well:frown:

No worries about the scale:smile: Take measurements. Someone wise person on here once said "once you go yellow" and that is so so true!

Good Luck! Do not give up!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    that was me "once you go yellow".

It's so true. The scale numbers will drive you all kinds of crazy, and they don't help you do the following:

work out longer
    fit into smaller clothes
    feel better about yourself.

I'm currently nearing the very end of my goal toward my version of "perfect" and I haven't weighed myself in six weeks. I know there are some people who think that the scale is a valuable tool, and for some it is, but I really don't think it's for everybody.

Here's an article that explains why the scale is not the ultimate measure of success.:

http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/scale.htm

:flowerforyou:
  • emibmas
    emibmas Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

It's so true. The scale numbers will drive you all kinds of crazy, and they don't help you do the following:

work out longer
    fit into smaller clothes

I'm currently nearing the very end of my goal toward my version of "perfect" and I haven't weighed myself in six weeks. I know there are some people who think that the scale is a valuable tool, and for some it is, but I really don't think it's for everybody.

Here's an article that explains why the scale is not the ultimate measure of success.:

Can I just tell you that you have been such an inspiration to me and I appreciate it so much! When I see your ticker, I see where I want mine to be. My goal is 150. Thank you! :drinker:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

work out longer
    fit into smaller clothes

Can I just tell you that you have been such an inspiration to me and I appreciate it so much! When I see your ticker, I see where I want mine to be. My goal is 150. Thank you! :drinker:

:blushing: you are most welcome. . .just keep going. . .and you will get there.:flowerforyou:
  • lexi1015
    lexi1015 Posts: 29
    Options
    :heart: thank you all for your words of wisdom and support!:heart:

I have been fitting into smaller clothes and feeling great. I will keep that in mind and I might even try that measuring thing!

thank you again and to you all keep up the good work!! :bigsmile: