Diet

JDWBrown
JDWBrown Posts: 16
edited September 26 in Motivation and Support
Can anyone explain the HCG diet to me?

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    A brilliant money-making idea designed to extract money from gullible desperate people. Wish I thought of it.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    DONT DO IT! Basically, you starve yourself by only consuming 500 calories and the hormone will attack the extra fat. Blind studies have shown that you don't lose much more than if you were to starve yourself without the hormone. Oh and you have to jab yourself with a needle everyday
  • JDWBrown
    JDWBrown Posts: 16
    Thanks. I was just curious because I had gotten an email with an hcg pill and as I read the information it didn't seem very reliable and hasn't had any scientific proof. I didn't know if someone had actually done it and it really did work. Thanks again
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    I know a couple people who have tried it and their wives tried it with them. The losses weren't nearly enough in both the men and women to make up for some of the side effects.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Don't do it, don't do it, and DON'T DO IT! I tried it before coming to MFP. Trust me it was the biggest mistake ever. Thank God I stopped after only 5 days... ugh!!!! It's not safe, it's not healthy!
  • cstark54
    cstark54 Posts: 9
    Don't do it. Some of the side effects are hair loss......and many other horrible things! Please do ur research before u make ur final decision. Best of Luck!
This discussion has been closed.