MFP Vs. Atkins???

Options
What do you prefer??? need help..losing motivation.. :(

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I use MFP but do it as Low Carb... as I cannot do the extreme that Dr. Atkins has... I LOVE MFP.. and I just adjust for my intake of carbs (50-75g) ... except today was a bad day lol
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    not sure why you can't do both?

MFP allows you to adjust your % of carbs/fat/protein

I eat low carb...not as strict as the induction phase, but I try to keep my net carbs under 100 per day
  • LauriinSB
    LauriinSB Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I always use MFP as a tracker no matter what diet I'm on. With Atkins it's pretty easy to go over in calories, though. Try 17 day diet, it's low carb as well, but also low fat, so it seems no matter what I eat I don't go over my calories on MFP. Or just do Atkins but watch your fat content. Good Luck!!!
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm just focusing on eating as healthfully as possible. I don't really subscribe to anybody else's plan. I'm kind of working out my own. Low carb, however, does seem to be a good thing, as long as the carbs you are avoiding are things like white bread, pasta, etc., and not veggies. AND as long as your protein options are healthy, and you're including healthy fats. Good luck on finding your mojo!:smile:
  • rachelowow
    Options
    hmm thats a big help!! how do you stay under the protein ?? i was lookin at it and it seems like i would go over the protein, or does that not even matter. i did atkins and it worked but its super hard to stay on ididn't wanna do it like that but i like your idea!! so you intake 50 - 75 grams of carbs per day??

Thanks soo much!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    For me this is a no-brainer. Atkins is a gimmick. MFP is a way to track a healthy lifestyle.
  • rachelowow
    Options
    Thanks soo much everyone!!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    hmm thats a big help!! how do you stay under the protein ?? i was lookin at it and it seems like i would go over the protein, or does that not even matter. i did atkins and it worked but its super hard to stay on ididn't wanna do it like that but i like your idea!! so you intake 50 - 75 grams of carbs per day??

Thanks soo much!

MFP has a very low setting for proetin so don't worry about going over

. Go into your settings and manually change your settings to 20% carbs, 40%Protein, 40% Fat - since your doing low carb your fat is generally going to be higher. As Dr. Atkins suggests you have to teach your body to use fat as energy instead of storing it. You want to stay away from unhealthy fats as much as possible like saturated fats.
  • rachelowow
    Options
    Fantastik!! :)