Fiance Making me FAT...er!

Options
I have been spending time with my fiance until he deploys this week. However, the man has NO eating regimen! He could go all day without eating, then pick up a pizza at night (which has already happened once) nibble 4 pieces and be done.

I had been doing really good the last month getting in a routine and stuff, but wanted to spend time and not focus so much on the program since our time is so limited. I have been okay about eating enough and have only gone over on a few days. However the waiting til the end of the day, limited beverages, etc is making it a pain and doing a number on me!

I hate to drag him around to the store (but I don't have a car here in WA) so I can get snacks, etc because I feel it's cutting in to our time, but I am one of those people who get heinously grouchy when I don't eat too. I am all outta whack!!! However, eating so much so late always hurts my stomach.

To top it off, this morning I woke up feeling sick to my stomach....twice.... Could that be lack of water or food loading at night?

I know I am whinning again....sorry.... It's just harder then I thought to NOT care about what and when I eat.

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I have been spending time with my fiance until he deploys this week. However, the man has NO eating regimen! He could go all day without eating, then pick up a pizza at night (which has already happened once) nibble 4 pieces and be done.

I had been doing really good the last month getting in a routine and stuff, but wanted to spend time and not focus so much on the program since our time is so limited. I have been okay about eating enough and have only gone over on a few days. However the waiting til the end of the day, limited beverages, etc is making it a pain and doing a number on me!

I hate to drag him around to the store (but I don't have a car here in WA) so I can get snacks, etc because I feel it's cutting in to our time, but I am one of those people who get heinously grouchy when I don't eat too. I am all outta whack!!! However, eating so much so late always hurts my stomach.

To top it off, this morning I woke up feeling sick to my stomach....twice.... Could that be lack of water or food loading at night?

I know I am whinning again....sorry.... It's just harder then I thought to NOT care about what and when I eat.
  • Starr
    Starr Posts: 45
    Options
    Considering your circumstances, why not try some of the protein bars that are available. They are easy to carry around - satisfying, too.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    My ex husband did that to me....5 years and I had gained about 40lbs in our marriage.

I keep little snacks in my purse just for situations like that because i get sick if i dont eat.

enjoy having him there but be careful and stay away from the pizza lol
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Here are some of the things I have successfully carried with me when I knew meals were scarce.

snack size zip lock of nuts
    small apple(s)
    V-8 or tomato juice (this makes me feel like I've eaten soup)
    Lara bar
    Luna bar
    jerky
    dried fruit

I eat every 2 - 3 hours and keep snacks at my desk.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bars...I just bought two boxes. They are sooooo good!! I found the oats and chocolate at Aldi which is a discount grocery store in my area...I love that place too. But they only have 140 cals and 35% of your daily allowance for fiber so they keep you very full. Stash some of those around and get to the grocery store, you're worth it!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I will try to snag some of those if we ever make it to the store.

It kills me that he doesn't want me to spend all our time cooking, but this no control over my food is killing me. I have been picking pretty healthy though when we go out. So, yay me there!

I just wish I didn't end up having to cram all 1300 calories in at night! Ugh.