Quick/Filling Lunch Ideas?

Options
I only have 30 minutes for lunch break and I work from 6a.m.-5p.m. which makes for a very long day. I need some filling lunch ideas that will last me until dinner. Im not a picky eater and LOVE new recipes. Suggestions.?=)

Replies

• Bordenave
    Bordenave Posts: 13
    Options
    A bean salad would be quite filling. Wax Beans, red kidneys, white beans, black beans, string beans, etc. etc. onions, oil and vinegar dressing, asparagus spears. Beans have a lot of protein and will hold you for a while. Bean burritos are also filling but a little more calories to deal with.
  • alb_photog
    alb_photog Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I like what I had today... Turkey and pepper jack cheese on wheat bread with lettuce and tomato. An apple on the side. Maybe some almonds to snack on?
  • JennWhit10
    Options
    Bordenave- That sounds delicious, butttt Im not a fan of beans. Ive tried them time after time and all I really care for are refried beans. Probably not the healthiest kind huh? LoL!.:) Thanks for the idea.!

alb_photog- Now that is something that sounds delicious. I love all those things. Even on a whole wheat bagel would be good.!:) Did you know you can get all kinds of almonds in 100 calories packs?. For me this is easiest because Im ALWAYS on the go.