Wii

Options
Hi:)))
Im Looking For More Fun Ways To Workout Also A Personal Trainer Ive Been Looking A Some Of The Wii Games. Does Anyone Find The Benifical To Their Loss. Id Much Rather Spend 300 One Time Then Spend It Once A Month on A Trainer.

Any Game Suggestions I Would Love to Have...:)

Thnks have A Wonderfull Day:)

Replies

• TWMangrove
    Options
    I was using EA Sports Active for the Wii and, with consistent use, I was seeing noticeable reductions in inches on my waist (along with increases on my biceps and thigh muscles, which was a plus).
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    The "Just Dance" series is fun and can be a nice workout.
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    The "Just Dance" series is fun and can be a nice workout.

Agreed :smile:
  • TVDfan12
    TVDfan12 Posts: 11
    Options
    I am HUGE on the Wii... it's one of the reasons I've been able to lose as much as I have! Just Dance 2 is my favorite, but the Michael Jackson dancing game is great too. I also play the Wii tennis that comes with it. If I'm over my calorie limit for the day and don't really feel like running, I'll turn on any of these games and I burn my calories but have fun while I'm doing it. Hope this helps!
  • kjsimps
    kjsimps Posts: 17
    Options
    I have EA Active and I LOVE it! You can make custom workouts and do some major cardio!
  • cha36jennings
    cha36jennings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I bought Zumba today. Tried the beginner workout and it's excellent! It really makes you work out and the music/moves are fun. You can also set up a workout session schedule for the week :-)
  • starrieeyedkat
    Options
    I can't recommend The Biggest Loser Challenge for the Wii enough. I use that and the Wii Fit.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    i love just dance 1 & 2 and the michael jackson experience... i burn around 200 calories a day just dancing & having fun!! there's even a just dance 2 challenge on the message boards on this site, & i have fun competing for the best scores each week...

i also bought zumba for the wii, but for some reason, i haven't been able to really get into it (probably b/c i'm busy playing the other dancing games)... good luck to you!!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 2!
  • ChunkyMonkey207
    ChunkyMonkey207 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Wii Zumba this past Saturday,I love it.After 20 min,Im pouring sweat (attractive I know lol) Thought I was going to die the first time I did the 45 min class on it.
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I find the Wii to be annoying for me. I had the biggest loser game, and it was perfectly fine BUT it's the stupid balance board I hate. I feel like my feet are WAY too narrow when I have to do things such as lunges or anything that puts extra strain on my knees.
    However, it is fun, and a quick way to burn some calories :)
  • lisabernard
    lisabernard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    absolutely! I love my Wii. I started slow, with Wii Fit, which is fun and helps with balance etc. But, not a sweat producing workout. EA Sports is awesome, and they have 2 now. I also have the biggest loser game and the Just Dance game. I just picked up the Zumba game too. :-) Overall, I now have 14 workout games for my Wii. Lots of variety and tons of fun!
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    I started on the wii fit. I did it every day, then started doing a dvd mostly. I love the wii fit and do it still sometimes. I have an HRM and am able to keep my heart rate up so I burn more calories w/ it. I weigh in on it every day.
  • amy29fan
    amy29fan Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I really like the Wii Gold's Gym Dance Workout. You set up a routine based on what your goal is with a personal trainer. It is fun, entertaining and works. It also logs your calories burned for you.
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i love zumba, the biggest loser challenge and i have 2 jiilian michaels fitness ultimatums, and i love them all! working out at home when i cant make it to the gym because of kids, work etc... gives me no excuses
  • alexmommy
    alexmommy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    LOVE my Wii!! Thanks to it I found I love cardio boxing! (Gold's Gym Cardio Workout). Also love the dance games, the Biggest Loser games, and Wii Fit Plus when I just don't feel like going quite as hardcore! I burn a LOT playing Wii tennis because I jog/walk/dance for about an hour playing every day. Its not so much if you just stand there, but crank up your favorite music and get moving! Doesn't even feel like exercise! :)
  • Shananigans1
    Options
    I use the Wii fitness mainly for a warm up and for strengthening and then a cool down with yoga. My husband uses the EA Athlete sports combine, kicks his *kitten* and he's fit. I also do the Zumba, which I absolutely love and recommend! I'm going to branch out in the next couple of months and maybe try the biggest loser and the Just dance, heard those were both motivational to keep you going with results.

The nice thing about the Wii versus the trainer, is that if you can't get to the gym, you can still work out. But, having a trainer push you is also beneficial. It depends on what you are really needing right now. Right after I had my son, I needed that extra push, so I got a trainer and lost some good weight and learned some good techniques. But now that I'm starting back up, I know the techniques and I'm not at a point that I feel I need someone to push me, as I work out, not for the cost at least.

Neither choice is bad! Good Luck! :smile:
  • ayj73
    ayj73 Posts: 15
    Options
    I like Just Dance 2, there is a feature on there called Just Sweat that I use weekly. Its a fun workout!
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I love to play the Wii games when I can't workout outside, or I just need a fun way to workout. My son can play along with me, and it's a great way to spend time with him. I have done the Just Dance 2 and Country dance. They are fun. I have EA sports active, and I love it because I didn't have to have a balance board with it, and it made it a little more economical. Good luck, and I think you'll really like it!
  • fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I got the wii fit plus with balance board and love it! I also have EA sports Active 2 that comes with the heart rate monitor....I have heard it is great but have not used it yet.

I am loving the rythm boxing and advanced stepping (even got a riser on amazon for my board to lift it up off the ground to get a better work out when stepping).

I want to get the golds gym cardio work out because it has more boxing too LOL. (Can you tell I have been feeling like kicking butt lately)