Tae Bo

Options
It says for my weight I can burn 600 calories in just 30 mintues doing Tae Bo....That seems way too good to be true!! Anyone else use Tae Bo and burn that much for 30 min. I know that it depends on yoru weight and height, etc....but I just can't believe that number!

Replies

• GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    It says for my weight I can burn 600 calories in just 30 mintues doing Tae Bo....That seems way too good to be true!! Anyone else use Tae Bo and burn that much for 30 min. I know that it depends on yoru weight and height, etc....but I just can't believe that number!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I would say more like 250 cals for a 1/2 hour. I wish it were that easy to burn 600 cals, everyone would be doing TaeBo!! :laugh: Typically runners burn 100 cals per mile, so at a 10 min pace you'd burn 600 cals for an hour. That sounds more reasonable!

Jess
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Try using a heart rate monitor...I find that some workout DVDs sell because they promise crazy results. Definitely use the monitor to find your cals burned, much more accurate.
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Love The Heart Rate Monitor, I am going to test out video and biking and everything now. Running was 811 calories for me in 78 minutes. I think that is pretty great!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    the cal calculator for tae bo usually is high because they are assuming you are doing full force tae bo the whole time. It doesnt account for the cool down or if you are doing it at a moderate pace or that the videos usually are not as intense as a class would be.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I burn around 600 to 630 cals in 1 hour of Tae Bo and my cardiovascular system is pretty healthy. But as with everything else it depends on what you put into it! I second the suggestion that you invest in a heart rate monitor. Best investment I've made on this journey so far!!