Not Losing Weight.

Options
I have not lost a single pound in a month. What am I doing wrong? I need some help troubleshooting. I lost 20 pounds in the month and a half before this slump! What the heck is wrong with me?

I keep the calories low, work out almost everyday, keep the calories 'healthy calories'. I tried going up, going down. My doctor told me to not go below 100 calories than what I am now, so I haven't been. But that was a month ago. I can tell you anything that might be pertinent. It's so frustrating, and I'd just like some advice!

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    Gorge yourself on Burger King and watch your weight drop. Your body is getting used to your caloric intake so it's not releasing.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Make your diary viewable so we can see what your goals, intake and exercise are at as well as food choices. You could be having sodium issues or other nutrient related problems.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Your body needs more fuel for what you are burning. You didn't mention that you were eating back your exercise calories. This is very important. Eat those exercise calories back, drink plenty of water, get plenty of rest and the pounds should start coming off again. Your metabolism has slowed because your body does not have enough fuel to burn what you have using. Like feeding a fire. It needs fuel to burn. Your body is a machine, a locomotive, put some coal in the furnace so it can start moving down the track again. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    More protein, less carbs usually works.
  • LionheartedDonna
    LionheartedDonna Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the quick responses.

-I gorged on Easter, much higher fat than I ever eat (I only reach about 50% of total fat allotment a day.) There was a literal expansion of flab, not bloat, in my midsection.

-I made my diary visible (though I 'm nervous!). I really would have no idea about proper nutrition so input would be nice on that!

-I eat my calories back usually. I give myself 1350-1400 calories total, use 200-400 on a regular day. Net calories are not usually above 1400-1600. That higher end freaks me out so I keep it below 1500 if possible. I drink water ALL DAY, but sleep is always between barely enough to not enough at all (which I know is terrible for dieting, but I'm a student, what can I do?!)

-I grew up around Atkins dieters, I'm usually relying on more protein, but I could definitely amp up the protein if I researched it!

Thanks again!
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Now that I've looked at your diary, I would definitely say more protein, less carbs. Try 80g protein per day and see how that works for you. Good luck!
  • Forensi
    Forensi Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I agree with kappyblu.

You should def try to have what some call a cheat day once a week. When you restrict your body of calories you body goes into a starvation mode and a hormone in your body called Leptin controls this. If leptin levels drop too low it will tell your body and then start to slow your metabolism, if you don't raise your leptin levels your metabolism will stay at this slow (starvation) level and you will hit a wall and stop losing weight (hence your current problem). My suggestion would be to cheat once a week.

I normally weigh myself on the morning of my cheat day and record my weight. Then I spend the day eating foods that I am craving and would really like to eat (I don't gorge myself though this is bad) It is important not to record what you eat on that day for psychological reasons. So on a day I might eat bacon and eggs for breakfast with some cereal then pizza or maccas or something for lunch and maybe a dessert and then something similar to for dinner. Doing this tells my body that food is plentyful again and my leptin levels rise allowing my body to be at peak fat burning potential. Doing this gives you a psychological boost as well as allowing you to satisfy those cravings so you are motivated to start a new week. I usually cheat on Sundays.

I have used a program called Cheat your way thin (http://28c75e0pf92fdweenbqpx20cah.hop.clickbank.net/). It is very good and the guy who writes it is very credible in his industry.

Also, after looking through your diary. Are you drinking enough water? I believe you should be getting at least 2L a day on days that you are not exercising and more if you exercise. Drinking water will help your body flush out bad toxins and that will also knock off a few lb of water weight.

Hope this helps.
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I agree with kappyblu.

You should def try to have what some call a cheat day once a week. When you restrict your body of calories you body goes into a starvation mode and a hormone in your body called Leptin controls this. If leptin levels drop too low it will tell your body and then start to slow your metabolism, if you don't raise your leptin levels your metabolism will stay at this slow (starvation) level and you will hit a wall and stop losing weight (hence your current problem). My suggestion would be to cheat once a week.

I normally weigh myself on the morning of my cheat day and record my weight. Then I spend the day eating foods that I am craving and would really like to eat (I don't gorge myself though this is bad) It is important not to record what you eat on that day for psychological reasons. So on a day I might eat bacon and eggs for breakfast with some cereal then pizza or maccas or something for lunch and maybe a dessert and then something similar to for dinner. Doing this tells my body that food is plentyful again and my leptin levels rise allowing my body to be at peak fat burning potential. Doing this gives you a psychological boost as well as allowing you to satisfy those cravings so you are motivated to start a new week. I usually cheat on Sundays.

I have used a program called Cheat your way thin (http://28c75e0pf92fdweenbqpx20cah.hop.clickbank.net/). It is very good and the guy who writes it is very credible in his industry.

Also, after looking through your diary. Are you drinking enough water? I believe you should be getting at least 2L a day on days that you are not exercising and more if you exercise. Drinking water will help your body flush out bad toxins and that will also knock off a few lb of water weight.

Hope this helps.

I have never heard anyone describe the benefits of a cheat day so well before! Thanks, I always thought it was more mental then actually helping yourself!