im a vegetarian who can't cook

Options
vcmorse
vcmorse Posts: 18
do you think if i just ate "eating right" or lean cuizine or some other "diet" frozen food i would be ok ?
im a poor college student

anyone have any tips or things that are yummy and cheap and easy to make?

Replies

• WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I buy the Garden Delight pasta (the new pasta that is made from veggies and has a full serving in every 4 ounce serving) or whole grain pasta and the Ragu sauce that comes in a can - Light Parmesan Alfredo. I steam some peas, corn, carrots, broccoli - whatever veggies I'm in the mood for. I mix in a little reduced fat cheese or cheese made with 2% milk and throw it all in a baking dish. I sprinkle it with a little more cheese and bake it for 10 mins at 350 to melt everything together. I usually add chicken or shrimp but since youre a vegetarian obviously you would leave that out! I love it and it makes a ton so I have leftover for a couple of days (or just one day if my boyfriend eats it too). It's pretty healthy, the only thing I would watch out for is the sodium in the sauce. It's not too bad but if you don't watch it it could add up.

I'm also a huuuuge fan of scrambled egg sandwiches. It might sound weird but i just scramble up some eggs, make 2 pieces of toast with a little light miracle whip on them, throw a slice of kraft fat free american cheese (or the slices made with 2% milk) and eat that for dinner. That might sound totally gross but my boyfriend and i love them every once in a while and they're really cheap.

And unless youre drinking a lot of water I wouldn't recommend only eating those frozen dinners. They are PACKED with sodium and can lead to retaining water. I found out the hard way - I kept wondering why I was eating all these healthy foods and not losing and feeling bloated! Turns out I was getting almost double my daily sodium intake every day.