I hate drinking water!

Options
2»

Replies

• annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    lemon, mint, lime, oranges, decaf tea (hot or cold), etc etc etc, is my suggestion for how to drink water. Also try ice water--lots of ice. Lemon Ice water boosts ur metabolism alot. Room Temp water is disgusting. Try putting ur water into the fridge to make it colder, or the freezer for a lil bit. Try a water bottle that u can squeeze/and squirt out of--its makes drinking water "fun".
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

When I drink tea, its always decaff. This is mainly due to the number of headahes I used to get. Does this mean with the 4 cups I drink each day, it goes towards my water intake as I have never heard this before?
    [/quote]

If it is decaf tea, that u dont add any type of sweetener to, yea, it counts towards your water.
  • jentidd
    jentidd Posts: 80
    Options
    I like to add a little cranberry-raspberry juice to my water (1oz/8oz water). It tastes great, no artificial sweeteners or anything. It adds a few calories, but I think its well worth it!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    MIO is something you can add to your water. It's only sold at Target right now though. Makes it taste like fruit juice. No calories, no sugar, no sodium. Lots of flavors.

This.

I am in love with MiO!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Koolaid Fun-Fizz Tablets! Only 5 calories and 60 grams of sodium... nothing else. I have the fruit punch one and I like it a lot! It also comes in lemonade and grape.
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I cant believe so many people are suggesting crystal light. It has fake sugar---bad for you... it has salt---helps u retain weight... it has caffeine--depletes water in your body.

Say what you will about artificial sweeteners - some people are fine with them, some people are not - but Crystal Light has no sodium and no caffeine. If you add it to water, it will not make you retain water/weight and it will not dehydrate you.
  • CallieCrockett
    Options
    I started using Mio. It tastes fantastic and comes in a lot of flavors. Best part... 0 calories! I'm drinking almost 8 glasses a day now.
  • RyLaneB
    RyLaneB Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    MIO is something you can add to your water. It's only sold at Target right now though. Makes it taste like fruit juice. No calories, no sugar, no sodium. Lots of flavors. Also, there are many carbonated waters out there with zero cals AND zero sodium. They're great!!

Mio has more then tripled my water consumption, I was lucky to get in 2 glasses a day before Mio! I even accidentally gave up diet coke drinking it! :smile: I live in a fairly small town, we do not have a Target, but it is available in our grocery stores and Walmart!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Like others have said, add some lemon or lime. I also like it with a slice of orange sometimes or a couple of frozen raspberries!
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I realized that I only like it with ice. You might try different kinds of ice too - different shapes. Crushed is SO good! And I love crunchin on it.
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I like water as long as it's cold. Try squeezing some lemon into it.

Yep! It has to be cold! Plus I heard your body uses energy to bring it back to room temp. Gotta be a plus!
  • j_fattler
    j_fattler Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I started myself out drinking water by the shot glass. Seriously, it sounds funny, but i had an easier time drinking 4 "shots" than I did a 1/2 cup of H2o. I gradualy have increased it until I could drink it like a normal person. (I was doing this "shot glass" thing before meals, so I would take a "shot" every couple of minutes while I was cooking dinner, etc.)

Maybe I'm just that weird....lol!!
  • rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the shot glass!!! :) I love MIO too. (I currently have every single flavor in my possession!) But, I must admit, I'm really intrigued by trying oranges in my water now. I have a whole bag of them just waiting to be used. How fun! And pretty!!!
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I also have a lemon and lime juice bottle in my fridge door. I recently discovered a drink mix packet (next to crysal light) called TRUE ORANGE or TRUE LEMON and there may be one other flavor. NO SWEETNESS ADDED......I love them.

i don't like crystal lite because it uses aspartame same with MiO who uses Sucralose and the worst sweetener on the market Acesulfame K. but if you have no problem with the chemicals you put into your body enjoy!

however True Orange is something I haven't tried i'm waiting for my order to come in and cannot wait to try it! :D i love finding natural choices. :)
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    There are many things you can do including crystal light, lemon, mint extracts, vanilla extracts(make sure you get SF versions), and I recently saw in our grocery store a product called MiO water enhancer...lol it sounds great:) I didn't buy it but I think I am going to next time I go! Good luck!!!
  • kellyreynolds14
    Options
    I too HATE drinking water and I am having the same problem. I also have additional characteristics making it difficult for me to get enough water. 1) I don't really drink much of anything. I just don't get that natural urge to hydrate, so the trick with slowly replacing other drinks just doesn't work for me because I don't drink anything else! 2) I hate being cold and I am always freezing all day long at work (I usually never take my jacket off, even in the summer I wear a pea coat LOL!). So ice water or even moderately cold water is the bane of my existence!

I am hesitant to start adding alot of sweetners to my water, but am wondering if this would be better than no water at all. I am starting to think that you gotta do what you gotta do to get the habit going. Everyone has had some great suggestions. The one thing I do try and do is drink green tea and I also was drinking a 1/4 cup of coffee but adding 1-1/2 cups of hot water to it. But now I read from another post that that water doesn't even count since they both have caffeine!

Let me know if you find something that works for you so I can use it too! Good luck :-)