how to keep interested

Options
well i been tryin to loose weight for almost 2 months now i was attending my gym daily five times a week i lost 20 lbs and the interest in kinda wanting to creep away how can i get back into the mode of working out and staying on track and get closer to my goal....any comments i would appreciate them:)

Replies

• outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    Have you set any goals? I mean actually written them down? If not, that's a good start. Make sure your goals have a due date and it's something that can be measured. Don't just say, "I want to lose weight." Instead make your goal something like, "I want to lose 10lbs by June 1st."
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I was the same way a couple of weeks ago--lost the umph to get up and go. What helped me was putting a picture up of me at my heaviest and then drawing what I want to look like on it. This also helps me to push harder at the gym--I imagine that picture and each thing that I am doing and how it will help me look my drawing. Does that makes sense??? :ohwell:
  • Greeneyez22
    Options
    i havent actually written them down but they are on my wii fit does that count i mean i made the goal and i am tryin to acheive it but days its hard to stay focused
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    check out the success stories on here! thats enough to keep me motivated and interested :D
  • Greeneyez22
    Options
    yes that makes sence i never thought of that u take a pic to the gym with u and it helps to keep ur mind occupied from wat u r doing at the gym? nd the same time makeing you fell better about your self?
  • Greeneyez22
    Options
    i am not really familliar with this i am not sure where to go can u explain plz that would be nice
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Options
    Sorry, I knew I wasn't making sense!!!:ohwell:

I have a picture of me with all my lumps and bumps tapped up by my computer. I drew on the picture lines showing where I wanted my waist, legs, and arms to be after I reach my goal weight.

Then while I am at the gym I picture that picture (the one I drew on and have tapped up) in my mind. This pushes me to work out even harder. It gives me the motivation to push and push and push. When I want slack or give up, I think of that picture and strive to push even further.

Does that make sense? If it doesn't let me know...as much as I am embarassed (still), I can post the picture that I have taped up (the picture that I have tapped up and then picture in my head to help push me) for you to see.
  • Greeneyez22
    Options
    it makes sence but i am more of a visual person i will be able to get the big pic if i could see wat u r talkin about
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Options
    it makes sence but i am more of a visual person i will be able to get the big pic if i could see wat u r talkin about

I don't know how to post pics in the message, so I changed my profile pic to what I was talking about. The black lines are where I want my body to end. Anything outside of them has to go.

Does that help?
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Have you set any goals? I mean actually written them down? If not, that's a good start. Make sure your goals have a due date and it's something that can be measured. Don't just say, "I want to lose weight." Instead make your goal something like, "I want to lose 10lbs by June 1st."

This is great or say I want to be able to do something by a certain date. I just started the c25k program today to give me something else to focus on other than weight loss. Aiming to do the city to surf in August now.
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Options
    sorry still trying to figure out how to post pics in the forum...

okay here is the picture with my lines showing what I want to look like...hope this works

img022.jpg