You know you're a MFPer when...

Options
Okay, so you know you're a MFPer when you are eating healthier and are exercising more, but what are some of the other clues that you are definitely a MFPer?

The one I just noticed today is that I have TAN LINES from my HRM! I never wore watches, nor did I spend much time outside in the summer time (too hot), but now I am sporting tan lines...from my HRM...

What silly or serious things have you guys found yourselves doing that makes you KNOW you're a MFPer?

Replies

• BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Okay, so you know you're a MFPer when you are eating healthier and are exercising more, but what are some of the other clues that you are definitely a MFPer?

The one I just noticed today is that I have TAN LINES from my HRM! I never wore watches, nor did I spend much time outside in the summer time (too hot), but now I am sporting tan lines...from my HRM...

What silly or serious things have you guys found yourselves doing that makes you KNOW you're a MFPer?
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Not only do I have tan lines around my HRM but I also have the "biker's spot" on the back of both hands from my biking gloves!
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    At break time at work I used to go to the computer and check my emails. Now I go to the computer and enter my food & exercise on MFP!!!
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    when i think bout how many cals are in something as little as a hershey's kiss instead of just shoving it into my face!:laugh:
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    there's an empty space on the sofa where I used to be, and instead I'm in the office chair logging food and exercise and checking the MFP topics!
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    i seem to expect my friends to know how many calories are in the food they are giving me lol
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    when you know you have a family on the computer???:ohwell:

jackie
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    When my cousin started asking me how many calories I thought was in certain foods... like a rice krispie treat at a family party ... She gives me this "How many are in there" (a serious question) and honestly expected me to know off the top of my head. Funny part - I did! :laugh:
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    i seem to expect my friends to know how many calories are in the food they are giving me lol

lol I do that too! awhile back my assistant manager brought me a taco salad that her daughter's soccer team was making and selling at a local fair and I asked her what grade of beef they used to make the taco meat lol...
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a MFP'er because of the calluses on my hands from the gym! (cardio machines and weights!) I FINALLY bought fingerless gloves today! They look bada$$! :glasses:

Oh, also...I went to a baby shower brunch today..and I had ONE plate....mostly with veggies, fruit and I watched my portions on everything. And when it came time for the Carvel cake..........I ate the chocolate crunchies out of the middle...and left the rest!!! :laugh: (Hey, it's the best part and I wanted the calories eaten to be worth it!!)
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    You check message boards before your email.

Oh, and you take a special picture of your cat, just for MFP - see left :tongue:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    You check message boards before your email.

Oh, and you take a special picture of your cat, just for MFP - see left :tongue:

Apparently, "What to Eat" is. . .the book? :laugh:

or is Flapjacks a critic?:tongue:
  • MChandler
    Options
    What is a HRM?
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    heart rate monitor..... now you are ofically a MFPer cause you know :)
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor. . .

and on that note, you know you're an MFPer when you walk to the gym, realize you forgot to put it on and go back home to get it.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    when you not only own a HRM but also Buh-bump cream [special cream to smear on the back of the chest strap sensors to help it pick up better}
  • MChandler
    Options
    u wear it on your chest?
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    u wear it on your chest?

You wear the actual heart rate monitor on your chest, right below your bra and under your clothes...and then the information is transmitted to the wristwatch component of it...it tells you what your heart rate is, your target zone, and how many calories you are burning. Definitely a worthwhile investment!
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    when you not only own a HRM but also Buh-bump cream [special cream to smear on the back of the chest strap sensors to help it pick up better}

Ooooh never heard of that...where could I find something that like?
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    you keep telling all your friends about this great website, and they roll their eyes because they have already heard it...:laugh: