How do you guys satisfy your sweet tooth without too many ca

Options
Jellyphant
Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
*without too many cals?

Without that fake sugar, too. Don't trust the stuff.

I keep craving ben and jerry's and vanilla coke..

I HAVE been meaning to try this little snack with sliced frozen bananas drizzled with dark chocolate.

What about y'all? :)

Replies

• bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    sounds crazy, but if often works for me.

Eat the opposite. If you crave sugar, eat something savory. Usually it confuses the tastebuds and they settle down.
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    I usually mix up some Shakeology (140 cal, 9g sugar). Or I'll head to the frozen yogurt store and get some soft serve yogurt :)
  • cdalt24
    cdalt24 Posts: 55
    Options
    try getting some greek yogurt and sprinkle a little granola on top! add in strawberries or bananas or whatever else, that's my favorite sweet snack :)
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    banana ice cream! YUM! just put frozen bananas in the food processor and they turn into ice cream!
  • ChunkyMonkey207
    ChunkyMonkey207 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerrys makes the tiny ice cream containers( I dont care for ice cream though).
    Personally,I like snack size candy bars.I feel like Im really treating myself when I eat one or two.I also like 100 cal packs of cookies.
    Happy searching!!
    ~Amanda
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Fresh strawberries or pineapple works for me....as does ginger.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I buy a LOT of frozen mixed berries. I'll have a cup of those (I eat them still frozen) for a snack in the evenings, or I also like the Edy's Fruit bars. YUM! Helps with fiber, satisfies the sweet tooth, and less than 100 calories!
  • cha36jennings
    cha36jennings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Berries or banana with a drizzle of dar chocolate (60% coco or more, 1-2 squares)
    Gets rid of my cravings every time!
  • deannar417
    deannar417 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    It's totally crazy but I eat more fruit when I want sugar. it still has sugar in it but at the same time it helps me thru my chocolate times. Good luck with this. Have a good day.
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I do the frozen yogurt thing too. I really love going to Yogurtland- which is this do it yourself yogurt spot with a bunch of diffferent frozen yogurt flavors and toppings. I can go there get some delish frozen yogurt and top it with some fruit and not feel so bad about it. I also think its ok to just treat yourself every now and then. If you practice a little portion control it won't mess up your day.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes.
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    Quaker Caramel Rice Cakes... YUMMY
    French Vanilla Cool Whip with cut up fruit.
    Weight Watcher Candy
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    There was a recipe posted on here for frozen peanut butter cups... 55 cals a piece and freaking amazing!
  • lkmisztela
    Options
    I had a chocolate craving this afternoon that had me ALMOST opening a big easter rabbit up to eat. :P

Instead, I did:

1 cup skim milk
    2 tablespoons 2% yogurt
    1 tbsp maple syrup
    2 tbsp fry's cocoa powder

calories: 248 Carbs: 45 Fat: 2 Protein: 12 Sodium: 211 Fibre: 4

Blended together with a lot of ice, called it a chocolate milkshake. It was really yummy, filling, and just what I needed. :)
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i dont crave sweet stuff anymore *S*
    not since i removed refined and artificial sweeteners.

Now i may occasionally use a bit of honey, but that's it.
    (and yes i used to be a major sweetaholic *S*)
  • fatboy26105
    fatboy26105 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    There is a dessert in the "Biggest Loser Family Cookbook"
    1.5 teaspoons fat-free sugar free hot fudge
    1 small banana
    1.25 cup fat-free sugar free vanilla yogurt
    1/3 cup fresh strawberries
    1 tablespoon Grape-nuts cereal

I use frozen yogurt and its delicious.

195 calories per serving makes 1 serving
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I've done chocolate graham crackers with some fat free cool whip. But my favorite is the 100 calorie packs of mini cupcakes or little cakes... I think Hostess makes them? Not sure, but they are little 100 calorie packs. :)
  • nicah123
    nicah123 Posts: 2
    Options
    those sugar free jello cups...just 10 calories...i put a tbsp of whipped cream on top of it
  • PocketOKrypto
    PocketOKrypto Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use Trader Joe's non-fat vanilla yogurt and add some blueberries and bananas. Usually right around 220 cals. or so and satisfies my sweet tooth very well...
  • ljscheib
    ljscheib Posts: 2
    Options
    Extra came out w/ a new dessert flavored gum. Strawberry shortcake is awesome...tastes like the strawberry shortcake ice cream bars in gum form. Exciting? no...but can't beat 5 calories a piece.